What's new

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Just curious ifthey have announced what the release plan is for this title? Is this out in other Countries yet?
Thanks

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
It is a 1 hour movie sequel to Final Fantasy VII for the PS1. Other then that, I don't know what else to expect.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
After seeing the trailer it made me realize that this is what Spirits Within should have been. I remember reading that July was the date, does anyone know if this still rings true? Also, I heard the runtime is 72 minutes.
Thanks

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit

You read my mind!

The problem was Hironobu Sakaguchi and his cheesy hippy themes about "healing the planet." He can't even come up with a sophisticated plot device, it's the Seven Seals or whatever it was.

I think he also wanted Aliens-style cyber punk type action. What the heck? Final Fantasy is about swords and sorcery with fantastical, atmospheric settings, not military bases or whatever that rundown city was.

But Advent Children looks AWESOME. I CAN'T WAIT! We get to see a Square CG character go to town with their huge weapons!

BTW, the character designs for the new FFXII have reached a new mediocre low, they look too similar to FFX and X-2.

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
you can download it from Fileplanet, it's an E3 presentation. the cinematography is quite good!!!

earl_roberts

Stunt Coordinator
I gotta surprise for all you FF7 fans about Advent Children:

AERIS is in it!

That's what I heard anyway.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
The trailer shows a scene of the flashback to Aeris's "burial" in the lake. I'd guess the only appearance she'll make is in that and maybe other flashbacks to events in the game.

As for The Spirits Within. IMO, that's a prime example of what happens when people start thinking "what will American audiences go for?" On top of the dull production design there was that somewhat incomprehensible story. Oh well, it could have been greatness, maybe Advent Children will get them back on track in that regard. I loved the score to Spirits Within though.

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
Somehow gamers have a lot of nostalgia for FF7, and so does Square, it seems. They reference it in their games more than any other FF game.

Somehow, the world and atmosphere was more immersive. I thought the settings were more creative, and the story was actually cohesive, with clearly marked plot twists. Also, the minigames were actually fun, and the enemies had a tongue-in-cheek quality. FFVIII was a bit too serious most of the time, and the ending was less thoughtful, though the twist was nice.

Basically, there's something about Makou/Shinra and seeing Cloud and Sephy again that make me so nostalgic. I think it was the moment when Cloud has to fight the Sephiroth within himself that was so great. It made me empathize with him even more, and now I can't wait to see how Sephy influences this film.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Not sure if this is coming to DVD in the US right away. Sony is pushing the new PSP and Advent Children is definitely coming out for PSP. They may release it only on PSP initially to boost sales. This is all speculation though.

Here's some screens from Gamespot.com

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I'm just saying that Sony might release it for the PSP (it plays movies) before a retail DVD release. The PSP uses its own types of mini discs which Sony developed. They might use a PSP only release of FF7:AC to boost sales of the PSP at launch.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Now that I think of it. I thought I heard something about a SE for the PSP. The system would somehow make it an interactive experience or some crap like that. Everyplace that I ask now though everyone says April 2005.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks