Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New Goldeneye-Any info about it?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted July 04 2004 - 01:13 PM

Hello all,
I recently heard about a supposed sequel for the classic GOLDENEYE in which you play another agent looking to prove himself and complete objectives before Bond himself does. Are there any trailers or new articles out for it yet? I don't even know if it will be available for all of the console systems or not, nor if RareWare is doing it.
"Uncommon beauty is commonly overlooked".
THE WOODSMAN

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Dean Martin

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted July 06 2004 - 01:24 AM

I have read a bit about it, I don't believe the agent is trying to prove himself. From the trailers I have seen the agent is dismissed for being too violent, etc. That's why it is called Rogue agent.

I'm all for a new Bond game but I can't really see how they can call this game Goldeneye 2 except to cash in on the name.
There have been several Bond games and any one of them could have easily been called Goldeneye 2. I don't really see why this game would tie into the first game or make it worthy of the title.
Had G2 come ou back in the day of the N64 and been made by the same team I could see it but I don't know how after all these years how this is going to capture the heart of the original.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky

Producer

• 3,740 posts

Posted July 06 2004 - 01:28 AM

Quote:
From the trailers I have seen the agent is dismissed for being too violent, etc. That's why it is called Rogue agent.

I've read the same thing. Agreed re: the relevance of the Goldeneye 2 title.
"The computer had attained consciousness, only to reject it, claiming it was too unstable an operating system."

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted July 07 2004 - 01:54 PM

Dean,
Is it going to be in first-person perspective like the originol N64 version was? And do you know if it will be available for all console systems (I only have a Gamecube right now).
Thanks,
Marty.
THE WOODSMAN

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky

Producer

• 3,740 posts

Posted July 08 2004 - 12:51 AM

Quote:
Is it going to be in first-person perspective like the originol N64 version was?
Yes, it is an FPS.

Quote:
And do you know if it will be available for all console systems (I only have a Gamecube right now).

It will be multi-platform according to EA's website.
"The computer had attained consciousness, only to reject it, claiming it was too unstable an operating system."

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Leo_P

Leo_P

Second Unit

• 272 posts

Posted July 08 2004 - 07:10 AM

This is everything Gamespot's got on the game.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests."
-- Patrick Henry

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted July 12 2004 - 08:19 AM

Thanks for the info guys, I just put a few dollars down as a pre-order from ELECTRONICS BOUTIQUE the other day. Am really looking forward to it!Posted Image
THE WOODSMAN

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted April 01 2005 - 05:29 AM

Figured it was time for an update, just for the hell of it. I have since bought an XBOX with the component & optical cables. I have yet to but a Gamecube game since. Anyhow, I realize it's very late notice, but I just wanted to let you folks out there know that I really enjoy most of the features of Rogue Agent. Apparently, it got terrible reviews, but I think it's an example of "movie critics disliking a particular movie, but the public loves it". After much effort and some stress, was able to complete the game on HARD mode (the Volcano Lair being the biggest cause of my aggravation), and open up the ONE LIFE MODE. The only two things I don't like about it are the fact that you can't jump (I realize that most fps games don't have that option, but it would have been nice) and that there are no bots in the multiplayer. How did some of you other gamers enjoy it?
THE WOODSMAN

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted April 01 2005 - 06:32 AM

Quote:
"movie critics disliking a particular movie, but the public loves it"

Not in this case - critics hated it, the game buying public hated it (generally).
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted April 06 2005 - 06:18 PM

On my site it scored 6.7/10. i have it for GameCube also and I would have scored it a little lower.

Back to Video Gaming

Forum Nav Content I Follow