Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Building one single wall to close in a HT room, How should I do this one wall?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Todd smith

Todd smith

Supporting Actor

• 645 posts

Posted July 04 2004 - 08:32 AM

I am putting up one wall to make a 12x17 room for HT in my already finished basement. Two of the existing walls are against the foundation, and the other existing wall has the laundry room behind it. My goal is obviously to get the best sound possible out of this room. How should I build the final wall which will be a lengthwise wall of 17'? DO I double drywall onside, bothsides? Should I use some sound deadening board that I saw at Home Depot yesterday in conjunction with the drywall? If so where do I put the sound deadening board? I am going to build this wall next week and am confused on what to do. I dont want to deaden the sound too much and minimise bass. I have been reading various posts after doing a search on this and am confused. I dont need a perfect wall, but I would like to have the best sound I can from building this one wall to close in the room. HELP!