Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sonic Nurse and Goo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown

Producer

• 5,713 posts

Posted July 02 2004 - 06:34 PM

I've been spinning Sonic Nurse over the past two weeks or so. Like it a lot. Like it a little bit more every time.

They did an expanded version of Dirty. I think I remember seeing that Goo was going to be remastered and expanded too, but since it isn't out yet, I'm not sure I actually saw this now. (You know, getting old and all... Posted Image ) ??
If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ...

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Jesse Lawson

Jesse Lawson

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted July 03 2004 - 05:14 AM

There was an August 10 date for the expanded Goo posted somewhere. Earlier it had been announced on MusicTap that it would come out some time last year; obviously, that didn't happen. A Billboard article says it'll be coming out this fall. I can't find anything about it on SY's website. It was announced that there'd be an expanded Daydream Nation at one point, but I haven't heard anything further about this.

Sonic Nurse does seem to be getting better the more I play it. I would have liked to get a vinyl copy to divide up the sixty minutes, but haven't managed to find one. I think it's better than Murray Street. Latter-day SY albums seem better when they're more expansive, somehow.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   John Milton

John Milton

Second Unit

• 291 posts

Posted July 03 2004 - 05:21 AM

I've got the 2 disc expanded Dirty CD. Some of the extra songs are quite good but most of it I could do without. I will likely buy the expanded Goo CD as well.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown

Producer

• 5,713 posts

Posted July 04 2004 - 07:49 PM

Jesse- You're awesome dude! Posted Image

It's funny, I really like the Sister/Evol/Daydream Nation/Goo/Dirty period. I absolutely hated Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star when it came out. I could have done without Washing Machine too. But, now with Murray Street and Sonic Nurse growing on me, when I go back and listen to everything since Dirty, I like it all a lot more. I like to think that Sonic Youth has always been ahead of their time, and I just caught up with their post-Dirty material. Posted Image

They hit SF in 2 weeks, and I'll be there. I'm kinda glad Lollapalooza went by the way side, because they're coming to a much smaller venue.
If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ...

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor

• 569 posts

Posted July 05 2004 - 05:19 AM

Hey Kevin, if you're interested i have a couple of live shows, just PM me or IM me at floatation boy

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown

Producer

• 5,713 posts

Posted July 22 2004 - 06:48 PM

Aug 10th, baby! (In the latest ICE.) Posted Image

KevinVision 7.1 ...