What's new

Sid & Marty Krofft - Anymore DVD Releases? (1 Viewer)

Mick Tees

Second Unit
My favorite DVD set right now is "Land of the Lost". The show was cheesier than ever, but yet way ahead of it's time for that day.

My question: besides "Land of the Lost" & "H.R. Pufnstuf", what else does anyone know about other S&M Krofft releases on DVD?

When is Season Two of "Land of the Lost" due out? And what about "Sigmund The SeaMonsters" or any of the other gems we all used to watch on a Saturday morning in the 1970s?

I love all the extras on The Complete First Season of "Land of the Lost". It's really neat to see the actors and how they look in 2004 and what they thought about this cult classic while they were making it.

Is anyone else enjoying this DVD set as much as I am?
:cool:

Mark Tay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I'm loving the Land Of The Lost set as well. There are commentary tracks for over half the episodes. It is a really well done release.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Michael, I know the answer to that question. And it will be published at TVShowsOnDVD sometime this weekend, as part of the news item introducing an interview I conducted the other day!

I am still transcribing the tapes, because we talked for a couple of hours, so stay tuned for one that I think will be really popular (not to mention interesting). But I'm saving the Krofft info for that, so stay tuned.

Michael and Mark, the person I spoke to would enjoy both your compliments! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Thanks David for the response! I'm chomping at the bit...

I have lots of guesses about what the next series will be released from the Sid & Marty Krofft Library but I will wait patiently as I finish up watching the remaining two episodes of the first season.

I've done the interactive trivia with Phil Paley, the guy who played Chaka. I also loved the interview with Wesley Eure & Kathy Coleman (Will & Holly).

Does anyone know what happened to the dad (Rick Marshall) played by actor Spencer Milligan? I didn't see any commentary or an interview with him on any of the extras.

For those of you who grew up in the 70's and watched this as a kid, go out a buy it, it's one of the best dvd sets I've seen to this day. It's a no brainer... 5 out of 5 stars!!!

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I grew up in the 80's and watched it and loved it.
I hope for a box set of the Krofft Super Show featuring: Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, Dr. Shrinker, Magic Mongo,Bigfoot and Wildboy and Wonderbug.

Mark Tay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I just noticed one other cool thing about the Land Of The Lost DVD set...The vocal on the opening and closing theme for the first episode (Cha-Ka) is a different take/mix from all of the other episodes.

The commentaries and interviews on this DVD set are very informative. Even Krofft die-hards will learn some new things about this fun show. :emoji_thumbsup:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Good question. This was all I could locate. It appears he's still alive, but according to IMDB, hasn't worked since the late 80's.

Steve

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Well, not in anything the IMDB would list, anyway. He could be doing plays. He could be selling ice cream. For all we know he could be happily retired.

So people just change their lives because it's the right thing for them to do, and they move on. Whatever he's doing, I hope he's happy.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

David, as a huge Krofft fan, I'm anxiously awaiting the news. Are you close to posting it yet?

Thanks!

Gary "the 1st Season Land of the Lost set Rhino created is excellent" O.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm enjoying Season One of "Land of the Lost" alot more than I expected. I grew up watching it when it originally aired and saw it once again in reruns a few years after it finished its run and haven't seen it since but I decided to try the box because I was curious to see it again. I knew the effects were cheesy for todays standards but they were above average for a saturday morning show at that time. I didn't remember the sci-fi story writing being as good as it actually is for a saturday morning show. I was only 8-9 when I originally watched it so I probably didn't understand everything but I'm really enjoying it now. I'm watching alot of TV on DVD shows so I go through a set fairly slow. I've watched 8 episodes on this set in just a little over a week which is about 4 times my average for TV shows on DVD so yes I'm enjoying it and Hope Season 2 and 3 will be out soon.
I would also definately buy:
Sigmund and the Sea Monsters
The Lost Saucer

and Maybe:
Kroft Supershow (although I really only like Dr. Shrinker and Wonderbug from this show).
Far Out Space Nuts

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

I always enjoyed it and remember trying to write an adventure game or action video game that would incorporate all the many elements of the Lost universe. Frankly it would still make a kick ass first person shooter.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Not quite. I've transcribed 20 pages from the taped interview, and probably still have another half-hour to transcribe. Then there's editing, polishing, html-izing, and so forth. It's my first time doing it, it's taking way longer than I would have thought, and I have a full-time job and a family to look after in the meantime.

I apologize for the delay...bear with me! :eek:

I promise you that it's a great read for sci-fi fans, and will be well worth the wait.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I'm guessing that it isn't Pryor's Place if it is of interest to Sci-Fi Fans.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Since it's been a week-and-a-half since I expected to have the LotL-S2 date posted, and since the interview was WAY longer than I remembered, and is STILL being prepped for posting, I have decided to relent and post news about the S2 release date. I also post Ron Lee Green's info about the easter eggs in S1 (thanks for the HTF post about that, Ron!). And I announce who the interview is with, and what you can expect.

Everyone who's previewed the interview says it's dynamite! I hope you all like it...when it gets posted. I'm hoping and praying for this weekend.

Here's the link to the story. Enjoy!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Any one else find The Bugaloos a curious choice for one of the next Sid and Marty Kroft shows to be released. This one would probably be my last choice of their shows. I didn't think this one had too many fans today. What do you guys think? I'm glad to hear Season of 2 of LOTL is coming is Sept. though. I just wish Sigmond, Kroft Supershow, Lost Saucer of Far out Space Nuts would have been up next.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I also think Bugaloos is a strange choice. It has its moments. I probably will buy it, but I won't be rushing to the stores on the day its released. I'd much rather see Electra Woman and Dyna Girl on dvd, but it originally aired as part of Krofft Supershow and was broken up in parts with other shows like Dr. Shrinker and Wonderbug. Do you think they should release each show individually or like they aired on Kroft Supershow?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

Personally I think they should release it as it originally aired even though I don't care for all the shows on it, I still would want it in its original form.

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Another HAPPY "Land Of The Lost" fan here.

I'm REALLY impressed with the DVD, it's got a great opening menu -TONS of extras... and of course, all the episodes!

I'm just tickled with this DVD, and have watched every episode/extra on it (except the Easter egg I just found out about....listed on Dave's site) -I'm loaning it out to my friends, and now they're rediscovering it.

I had forgotten all about the episode where they find that stuffed 1770's guy and his diary -HE gave the "Sleestaks" their name!

Great stuff, will pre-order Season as soon as it's available!

:)
~Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks