-

Photo
- - - - -

Sid & Marty Krofft - Anymore DVD Releases?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
105 replies to this topic

#21 of 106 OFFLINE   Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted July 16 2004 - 01:50 PM

Alright the Bugaloos might not have been my next choice too on the release schedule but lets look at the order so far:

H.R. Pufnstuf (lesser favorite), Land of the Lost (crowd pleaser = BIG Sales/most popular S&M Kroftt show?), Bugaloos (lesser favorite, had it's moments), Sigmond? (crowd pleaser = Another Big Sales...)

Just an educated guess that you have one lesser in popularity and one that's more popular, back and forth...

Anyway, David... Land of the Lost S2. GREAT news!!! I'm sure I'll enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed S1.

This by far (Land of the Lost) is my current favorite TV Show on DVD set right now. Spider Man 67 Collection is a very close 2nd.

#22 of 106 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,316 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted July 16 2004 - 03:22 PM

Quote:
H.R. Pufnstuf (lesser favorite)

I think your personal views are affecting your view of the grand scheme. H.R. Pufnstuf was plenty popular!
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#23 of 106 OFFLINE   Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 595 posts

Posted July 18 2004 - 12:31 AM

Quote:
I also think Bugaloos is a strange choice. It has its moments. I probably will buy it, but I won't be rushing to the stores on the day its released.

Let me rephrase that statement: If the "Bugaloos" (or "Lidsville", for that matter), have as many extras as the Land of the Lost set (i.e. commentaries, interviews, etc.) then I will definately buy them on the day they're released. If its just a bare bones set, then I'll hold off and wait.

I really love the LOTL set. I really think Rhino has set the standard for all future dvd releases. I must've watched the Holly and Will interview 3 times already. Very fascinating stuff. She comes across as kooky, but I love her, anyway.

"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#24 of 106 OFFLINE   Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted July 18 2004 - 03:45 AM

I must've watched the Holly and Will interview 3 times already. Very fascinating stuff. She comes across as kooky, but I love her, anyway.

That's the kind of stuff the fans like to see... Will & Holly talking about goofing around on the set, what it was like to make LOTL, their thoughts about it now in 2004. I would imagine that they are in their 40's by now. I'm with you Ron it's a fun interview to watch.

I am going to buy the "Bugaloos" and all of the S&M releases. I think my favorite part about that show is the catchy theme song... and the kazoo part.

#25 of 106 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted July 29 2004 - 06:09 AM

Hey, I'm curious. Nobody's talking here about my interview with David Gerrold. What do you all think of it so far? Or has it gone unnoticed?
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#26 of 106 OFFLINE   Rob FM

Rob FM

Second Unit

• 471 posts

Posted July 30 2004 - 02:56 AM

Sorry David, missed that!
Some very good info in there..

THANKS !

~Rob

#27 of 106 OFFLINE   Mark Lx

Mark Lx

Second Unit

• 328 posts

Posted July 30 2004 - 04:20 AM

Yes, I've enjoyed the interview very much, David (I'll read the third part tonight). It's interesting to hear about the philosophies and approaches of different writers.

As far as "Land of the Lost" goes, I've been convinced to order it (for some reason I haven't seen it retailed in my area, everything else is). I loved it in the 70s as a kid (and can actually remember most of the episodes mentioned), but generally have found rewatching childhood favorites a little boring. The LOTL set sounds great though. And I do like watching old Doctor Who, which was also a cheap set Sci-fi adventure. Animated Trek is another one I'd like to get (haven't finished the interview).

#28 of 106 OFFLINE   Mark Lx

Mark Lx

Second Unit

• 328 posts

Posted July 30 2004 - 04:22 AM

PS. It's great to see stuff like the Gerrold interview on your site. First class.

#29 of 106 OFFLINE   DavidKNML

DavidKNML

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted August 12 2004 - 09:50 AM

I was a huge Land of the Lost fan as a kid. I have to pick this up soon.

I remember meeting Marshall when I was a kid in person and I couldn't figure out how he escaped. I was very young. I'll have to get this set this weekend then wait for season 2 next month.

I can't wait for a Sigmund set either. I remember the nightmares I had of Sigmunds brothers coming to take me away,,,,,, Has anything been announced? Is there any hope of a set?

#30 of 106 OFFLINE   Rodrick

Rodrick

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted August 13 2004 - 12:56 AM

Hey fellow BC'er. I notice alot of these dvd's aren't retailed around town either.
Future Shop is one of the best or A&B Sound for DVD's but they don't have them.

Check out the TVshows on dvd box set sales on this month at Future shop.

Imagine sets like Simpsons s1 to 3 are only $19 each. Ones like Babylon5 s1 $19, Frasier, Cheers, s1's only $19 each. I guess these are cheap cause they know they'll get newer seasons. Maybe trying to get people to know which sets to get hooked on.

But Im awaiting for Sept for the STARWARS Trilogy. I can't wait, Its been so long.

#31 of 106 OFFLINE   Mark Lx

Mark Lx

Second Unit

• 328 posts

Posted August 13 2004 - 05:21 AM

Thanks Rodrick. I did get LOTL at A&B Sound a couple weeks back. That's where I usually end up getting most stuff. For the sake of a couple bucks I'd rather buy from a local store than order. I'll have to check out Future Shop sales.

#32 of 106 OFFLINE   Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted September 24 2004 - 11:54 PM

Tuesday... Season Two of Land of the Lost. How many of you are psyched?

As we look ahead, do we know what the next show from Sid & Marty Krofft will be coming to DVD? I know the Bugaloos were discussed previously on this post. But is there a confirmed date?

#33 of 106 OFFLINE   Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted September 29 2004 - 03:46 AM

GAH! Season 2 slipped under my radar - I didnt know it was out yesterday! Must. . . resist. . . going . . . to store . . . NOW!

So how is it? Is the set loaded with extras and commentary like the first set was? I'll still get the thing anyway, but I'd like to know.

#34 of 106 OFFLINE   Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted November 15 2004 - 11:14 AM

Season Two of LOTL was GREAT! Your interview with David Gerrold was wonderful David.

It's now November and I haven't heard or seen anything about the next S&M Krofft release. It was rumored that The Bugaloos we're up next.

Has anyone heard anything yet?

#35 of 106 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted November 16 2004 - 01:47 AM

Thanks, Michael. No, I havne't heard anything quite yet about the next S&MK follow-up set. My impression is that Rhino is still getting their 2005 plans together, but take that with a grain of salt please.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#36 of 106 OFFLINE   Rob FM

Rob FM

Second Unit

• 471 posts

Posted December 25 2004 - 11:21 PM

I've heard bad news (from: LandOfTheLost.com)that the 3rd season has been delayed until March '05

Nutz.

#37 of 106 OFFLINE   Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted December 26 2004 - 01:05 AM

I was just talking over the Holidays about different TV Show's on DVD releases.

High marks for Seinfeld for all of the extras and Rhino's LOTL. Both sets have the same plastic slip cases, easy access, not complicated like some sets I've seen, and tons of extras.

Actually Rob, this is good news... I haven't heard or seen anything on the release of Season Three of LOTL. So 2005 is good news to me.

Posted Image

#38 of 106 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted December 26 2004 - 01:41 AM

More than I knew as well! If March 05 is the new date, what did it used to be?
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#39 of 106 OFFLINE   Rob FM

Rob FM

Second Unit

• 471 posts

Posted December 26 2004 - 12:59 PM

Per this page (http://www.landofthe...com/dvdset2.htm)
It *was* the same as SOAP Season 3: Jan. 25, 2005

Oh well... I guess I can wait!! Posted Image

#40 of 106 OFFLINE   JimmyT

JimmyT

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted December 27 2004 - 03:19 AM

Rhino is releasing "Lidsville" - The Complete Series on January 25th. It's supposed to be 3 discs/17 episodes, with commentary/interviews with Sid & Marty Krofft(commentary only), Charles Nelson Reilly, Butch Patrick, and Billie Hayes.

Forum Nav Content I Follow