What's new

An idea for (yet more) Star Trek DVD's (1 Viewer)

Daniel Calleja

Auditioning
I was just watching Best of Both Worlds, and the inconvenience of having to open two different box sets (and change discs) got me thinking: Wouldn't it be good to have all of the Star Trek 2-part episodes re-edited to feature length and presented in a shiny new box set??

It's nothing new of course, the Brits have had the TNG "films" on VHS for quite some time, complete with spiffy new artwork.

Once DVD releases for Voyager, TOS and TAS have finished up, I'd love for Paramount to put together a single box set for each series - The TNG Movies, The DS9 Movies (a decidedly dicey affair), The Voyager Movies, etc.

Any support out there for something like this?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I wouldn't buy anything beyond what I've got, but I bet you'll get something similar in the future. They're coming out with that Picard two-disc set, so I bet we'll see the Borg set they put out on VHS. It had almost all or all of the TNG Borg episodes in one place. I don't know if they'd edit Best of Both Worlds into one movie, but they would be on the same disc.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
If you want "The Movies", you put the following in a collection:

The Cage
Encounter at Farpoint
All Good Things...
Emissary
Way of the Warrior
What You Leave Behind
Caretaker
Dark Frontier
Endgame
Broken Bow

VOY's other "2 hour movies" (Year of Hell, Killing Game, the one from season 7) are actually two episodes spliced together.

Don't touch my beloved two part episodes by merging them into one show!!

Daniel Calleja

Auditioning
Well having watched a few of those re-edited episodes I can honestly say I enjoyed them more. Particularly "All Good Things" which included two or three deleted scenes.

Roger_R

Second Unit
Re-edited? All Good Things was shown as one 2-hour episode the first time. It was later re-edited into two episodes for syndication.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks