Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

An idea for (yet more) Star Trek DVD's

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Daniel Calleja

Daniel Calleja

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted July 01 2004 - 12:08 PM

I was just watching Best of Both Worlds, and the inconvenience of having to open two different box sets (and change discs) got me thinking: Wouldn't it be good to have all of the Star Trek 2-part episodes re-edited to feature length and presented in a shiny new box set?? It's nothing new of course, the Brits have had the TNG "films" on VHS for quite some time, complete with spiffy new artwork. Once DVD releases for Voyager, TOS and TAS have finished up, I'd love for Paramount to put together a single box set for each series - The TNG Movies, The DS9 Movies (a decidedly dicey affair), The Voyager Movies, etc. Any support out there for something like this?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,153 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 01 2004 - 01:24 PM

I wouldn't buy anything beyond what I've got, but I bet you'll get something similar in the future. They're coming out with that Picard two-disc set, so I bet we'll see the Borg set they put out on VHS. It had almost all or all of the TNG Borg episodes in one place. I don't know if they'd edit Best of Both Worlds into one movie, but they would be on the same disc.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 5,091 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted July 01 2004 - 02:59 PM

If you want "The Movies", you put the following in a collection: The Cage Encounter at Farpoint All Good Things... Emissary Way of the Warrior What You Leave Behind Caretaker Dark Frontier Endgame Broken Bow VOY's other "2 hour movies" (Year of Hell, Killing Game, the one from season 7) are actually two episodes spliced together. Don't touch my beloved two part episodes by merging them into one show!!

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Daniel Calleja

Daniel Calleja

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted July 01 2004 - 09:58 PM

Well having watched a few of those re-edited episodes I can honestly say I enjoyed them more. Particularly "All Good Things" which included two or three deleted scenes.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Roger_R

Roger_R

Second Unit

• 372 posts

Posted July 02 2004 - 02:22 AM

Re-edited? All Good Things was shown as one 2-hour episode the first time. It was later re-edited into two episodes for syndication.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users