Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Matrix Megaset - First details from R2 retailer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
130 replies to this topic

#1 of 131 JulianK

JulianK

Supporting Actor

• 844 posts

Posted July 01 2004 - 11:48 AM

UK retailer HMV is listing a ten-disc Matrix Megaset, for release on December the 6th.

This seems to tie in with information that's been circulating for a while, but HMV's listing adds some credence to the rumours.

The set will also contain a 20-page softcover booklet. HMV's RRP is £44.99.

The ten discs seem to be:

1 - The Matrix - With All-New Transfer & Audio Commentary
2 - The Matrix Revisited – Original Version With Behind-The-Scenes Footage
3 - Matrix Reloaded Extended Version – New Cut With 55 Minutes Of New Footage Inserted Back Into The Film
4 - Matrix Reloaded Revisited – All New Interviews, Scene Dissections And More!
5 - Matrix Revolutions – Original Cut With Audio Commentaries
6 - Matrix Revolutions Revisited – A Host Of All-New Extras
7 - The Animatrix
8 - The Roots Of The Matrix – 3 Hours Of Features
9 - The Burley Man Chronicles – The People Behind The Matrix Discuss Their Work
10 - The Zion Archive – A Tour Of Matrix Design Concepts, Storyboards & Drawings

More details at http://www.zetaminor.com/whatsnew.htm or at http://www1.hmv.co.u....;-1&sku=202272

#2 of 131 Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted July 01 2004 - 01:51 PM

I'll be getting that. Posted Image

#3 of 131 Haden

Haden

Supporting Actor

• 782 posts

Posted July 01 2004 - 01:54 PM

Jeez... nearly an hour more of Matrix Reloaded? Hopefully it fills all the glaring plotholes of that stupid film.

#4 of 131 George_W_K

George_W_K

Screenwriter

• 1,467 posts

Posted July 01 2004 - 02:05 PM

I believe the added footage is going to be all of the video that was filmed for the video game. I'm glad they are putting it into the movie instead of just putting as a bunch of deleted scenes or extra section or something.

Oh yeah, and you thought the movie was stupid because you didn't understand it.Posted Image Just kidding, I just know some Matrix diehard would have said that. For the record I like Reloaded after watching it a couple of times on DVD. Probably the sound is what got me into it.

#5 of 131 PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted July 01 2004 - 02:10 PM

Goddamn. Good thing I didn't buy Revolutions and only got Reloaded cause it was too cheap. but perhaps not all extras will be carried over. Like the isolated score from the original. We'll see. Otherwise sounds like a competitor for the Alien Quad set!

#6 of 131 Chris Moe

Chris Moe

Screenwriter

• 1,087 posts

Posted July 01 2004 - 02:23 PM

Looks like a very nice set. Even though I already own all three I will definitely be picking this up.

#7 of 131 Russell G

Russell G

Lead Actor

• 9,602 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted July 01 2004 - 03:21 PM

I only paid $20 for both the sequel together, so I'm pretty much sold on this set. I'm going to keep the original discs, as there is a good chance stuff wont get repeated.
My wallet cries me to sleep!

This post kills threads!

#8 of 131 jason:g

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator

• 242 posts

Posted July 01 2004 - 05:09 PM

The first time you sit down to watch Matrix Reloaded, you don't know what to expect -- It looks kinda cool. Then you get to some of the best action sequences around, and you think "nice" -- like "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within"...

At the end, you'll wonder why nothing was wrapped up. On repeated viewings, the movie doesn't hold up, and I guess there's nothing much to explore in this movie.

Thumbs down overall for the Matrix sequels. Posted Image Posted Image

#9 of 131 EnricoE

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

• 516 posts

Posted July 01 2004 - 06:12 PM

Quote:
but perhaps not all extras will be carried over. Like the isolated score from the original.

where is this track located on which movie of the 3?

#10 of 131 Magnus T

Magnus T

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted July 01 2004 - 07:57 PM

Are people going to complain about the Matrix sequels in EVERY Matrix thread ever created!??!?! OK, you hate the films, we get it. Now move on. Nothing to see here.

The 10 disc boxset sounds great btw. Maybe the commentary on Revolutions will be by the Wachowski's? I'm mean, they did in fact do a commentary for the first film on the official website when the first film came out on DVD, though that was a text commentary mixed with a Q&A.
There is no spoon...
but there is a fork with a cork!

#11 of 131 Jeff Ashforth

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted July 02 2004 - 01:39 AM

Wow. That looks pretty cool. I hope there are commentaries with the W bros. on all three. I don't know about inserting the video game footage into Reloaded. It might seem spliced together and slipshod, as some of the scenes tied directly in to gameplay that wasn't shot on film (The Logos' final escape from the sentinels comes to mind).

With any luck it will be there via seamless branching.
Procrastinators unite, tomorrow.

#12 of 131 DonRoeber

DonRoeber

Screenwriter

• 1,851 posts

Posted July 02 2004 - 02:08 AM

Good stuff, it's going on my Christmas list.
Luckily, right at that moment, an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof.

He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

#13 of 131 NolanJ

NolanJ

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted July 02 2004 - 03:01 AM

Hopefully this will be available in the US... can't imagine a set of this quality NOT being released here.

#14 of 131 EricW

EricW

Screenwriter

• 2,309 posts

Posted July 02 2004 - 04:04 AM

has anybody added the video game sequences up to see if it adds up to an hour? i mean the video game has lots of sequences for sure, but the important/action shots are played out in the actual game so there's no film of that. unless they filmed that too, but that'd be expensive. i'm curious as to what the ext. cut will be, but i'm holding on to the original release as Reloaded is my favourite of the trilogy.

also i wonder if they'll release the re-transferred M1 seperately...
"now, if that's a fact, tell me... am i lying?"

#15 of 131 Simon Basso

Simon Basso

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted July 02 2004 - 04:13 AM

That Reloaded disc is going to be a bit overloaded compared to the original disc, innit? Won't the PQ suffer?

A new transfer of the original is all very well, but why bother when the sequels are going to be reduced in quality (Revolutions less than Reloaded, natch). Or am I wrong?

#16 of 131 Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted July 02 2004 - 07:07 AM

Quote:
i mean the video game has lots of sequences for sure, but the important/action shots are played out in the actual game so there's no film of that.

That stuff was all mo-capped. Some special effects could remove the balls they use for mo-cap.
My Collection

#17 of 131 Matt Czyz

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor

• 902 posts

Posted July 02 2004 - 07:28 AM

I just want the remastered first one. Nothing else in that set interests me in the least (and I already own the animatrix).

#18 of 131 Lane_S

Lane_S

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted July 02 2004 - 07:36 AM

I'm excited to see the price, about US$80 for 10 disks. Fingers crossed that will translate into $60-$65 or so street first week, factor in what I will get selling back the three Matrix films and Animatrix, and I could end up getting the set for $40-$50.

Although I didn't have as much love for the 2 sequels as I did for the original (like 85% of the fans out there), I really did like them and can't wait to own just about everything Matrix there is. Have the Wachowski brothers (siblings?) add commentaries or at least a real in-depth interview, and the set will be perfect.

Yeah - count me as a "day and dater" when this one is released. It's easy enough to pick at certain scenes, but taken as a whole, the Matrix saga in one of my favorites ever committed to film.
----------------------
I am photoactivated, cursed with the Morning Person gene.
This would be fine if I didn't live a Night Person lifestyle.
So I find myself a Doesn't Sleep Much Person. – Laia Salla

#19 of 131 George_W_K

George_W_K

Screenwriter

• 1,467 posts

Posted July 02 2004 - 07:55 AM

I am pretty sure that on one of the documentaries on the current Reloaded disc, they talked about the video game footage and that there was about an hour's worth shot.

#20 of 131 Geoff_D

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor

• 885 posts

Posted July 02 2004 - 08:30 AM

Quote:
I just want the remastered first one. Nothing else in that set interests me in the least (and I already own the animatrix).

My thoughts exactly [insert standard insulting comment about the sequels here]. And if the new transfer of The Matrix isn't available separately, then I'll just have to go without as I'm not gonna buy a whole boxset just for that.

Forum Nav Content I Follow