What's new

Anyone else want MARTHA STEWART LIVING? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Now before anyone makes any jokes about Martha's current situation, just here me out!

I would love to see some 'themed' DVD packages of the Martha Stewart Living program, much like they are doing Unsolved Mysteries. There have been Living videos in the past, and according to an article I read recently, there is over 1500 hours of entertainment in the archives. While obviously all of this can't be released, possible themes include: Christmas, Patriotic Holidays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day,Easter, New Years, Gardening, Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Weddings, Entertaining, Crafts, Cake Decorating, Good Things, etc.

I would also love to have Martha's four Secrets for EntertainingPBS specials from the mid 80's on DVD. These include A Holiday Feast, A Formal Dinner Party, A Buffet Party for Family and Friends, and An Antipast Party. Also released in conjunction with her New Old House book, were two restoration videos availible at K-Mart: Decorative Finishes, and Renovating with Style. The Living videos made availbile were Cake Decorating, Simple Springtime Entertaining, and Holiday Projects Throughout the Year.

Dave or Gord: Is Martha Stewart Living an option to vote on at TSoD? I'll have to check that out!

Andy

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
I would definitely be interested in some themed DVDs from MS. BTW, are the home restoration videos still available at K-Mart? Are these just tapes, or are DVDs available?

Thanks,

Deborah

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Hey Deborah,

The K-Mart restoration videos are now OOP, and unfortunately have not been released on DVD. I haven't seen them, but would purchase them if ever released again in any format!

Andy

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Andy,

Thanks for the reply. Too bad about the restoration videos being out of print -- bummer.

I wonder if we will see any of the kinds of DVDs you suggested. It seems to me that they would sell well, but with Stewart's current woes,they might be reluctant to launch anything of this sort. The magazines is still around, however, and without MS on site for a while it might make sense to do some DVDs of the old stuff. I am sure she still has a large fanbase.

Which reminds me -- wasn't she suppose to be setenced in June? I don't remember hearing a word about this and here it is July 1.

Cheers,

Deborah

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
If you have Style Network on your cable/satellite system, they have just started rerunning the show (four times a day IIRC). No matter what happens to her, it is STILL an awesome show.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Unfortunately, we don't get the Style Network in Canada. I'm so jealous! And you're right, it is still and awesome show Eric!

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks