What's new

New Apple LCDs (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The new 20, 23 and 30 inch screens finally announced. Now the Apple line all match in Aluminum finish. Though the industrial design looks a little bit of a let down, it is cool. Can't say for sure till in person.

The new 30 screen would be cool for HT usage possibly.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Nelson

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Not to mention you can drive the two 30in or other capable DVI-D displays at up to 2560 x 1600 resolutions with the new nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL card.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I just saw them, and they are stunning. The 20 looks like a midget compared to the 30. The thinner bezels make a difference. The 23 looks "normal". Unfortunately, you can't drive the 30 off a PowerBook.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
They've got the Keynote up now. Wow much nicer than the mockups. (Around 20min for the displays)

I love the 8.2 Million pixels gimmick. "We didn't stop with Dual DVI, we've got Dual Dual DVI." :D

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Yeah, saw the site as soon as it went live yesterday...GORGEOUS

I'm in the market for either a Samsung or Dell 20" or Apple display...and now I'm even more confused :D

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yeah. There's a single connection on the monitor end. On the other, the cable splits into separate DVI, USB, FireWire, and power. That means there's still a "non-standard" cable required, but the ports on the other end are standard.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I like the ADC connector. My current 17" LCD has a single connector that does power, USB, and video. I'd rather have them stick with it and include the adapter that splits them back out again. Maybe they can't include Firewire in the mix?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
As I recall, there are two problems besides the FireWire: ADC can't carry enough juice, at least for the 30; also the 30 requires dual-link DVI.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks