What's new

Attention Canadians! There's an election today! (1 Viewer)

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
the plant i work let me out of work an hour early so i'd go vote. how nice of them, i wouldn't have voted otherwise but now i most likely will.

david stark

Second Unit
Thankfully it all be over today then. I keep getting junk stuffed through my door, people knocking on my door trying to get me to vote for someone or other and I'm not even eligble to vote. Some peace and quiet at last.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I'm happy to report that I've just followed my own advice. :)

Very strange ballot. I'm in Montreal's Laurier district, the one currently represented by Gilles Duceppe, leader of the Bloc Québecois. The "contenders" included a candidate from the Marxist-Leninist party, and another from the Marijuana party!

Something tells me the people at the Marijuana Party won't be paying that much attention to the results tonight. :D

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Many Canadians are too apathetic to go out and vote, but oh well, what are you going to do about it? :D

Seriously, I don't think it will make that big a difference who winds up in power (cynical? NO!), but at least by exercising your right to vote, you also earn the right to bitch about it!

Perhaps they think they are food stamps?

Jason GT

Second Unit
By law, your employer is required to let you out such that you can vote. Kinda neat eh?

and for all us canucks -- if you don't vote you can't bitch :)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm kinda glad they struck down the ban on publication until all polls close. Can't comment on the results due to forum policy, but it does look like Eastern Canada has been sampling some of B.C.'s finest by the looks of it...:angry:

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
I can't vote (I'm 17) but if I could, then I would. So I say I'm allowed to bitch about what Canadians have voted for!! UGH!!!

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Wow a minority government!

Now everyone can bitch when all the parties (ever) agree on something. :D

John Watson

Screenwriter
Was there ever possibility of a write-in vote, I mean, entering the name of someone who was not actually running?

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

Around here, they go one step further, polling day is a public holiday. On the other hand, voting is mandatory. On the third hand, if you don't vote, all it means is you get struck off the register of electors, which you can get reinstated to upon paying S$5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks