-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mississppi Mud (like Screen Goo)?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Mike*Williams

Mike*Williams

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted June 28 2004 - 06:25 AM

Hope this goes in this forum since it's a DIY type question.

Has anyone used a homemade version of the paint-on screen like Screen Goo? I have a "recipe" that I found somewhere else on the net, but I was wondering if anyone here had any experiences or advice on this topic.

Thanks!
Mike W.

#2 of 4 ChadLB

ChadLB

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted June 29 2004 - 03:04 AM

Yes I have Mississippi mud mix but I think a put too much of the white mixture over the silver so basically my screen is more of the white/pearlescent mixture. I use it with my Z1 and will stay with it for now.

#3 of 4 Mike*Williams

Mike*Williams

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted June 29 2004 - 04:22 AM

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to be using a Barco 1208 CRT projector, so IMHO, I'm wanting the screen to be as white as possible.

Quote:
. . .but I think a put too much of the white mixture over the silver so basically my screen is more of the white/pearlescent mixture.

So when doing this homemade "screen goo", is it like screen goo where you put a basecoat then a topcoat? Is that what you mean when you say you put too much white over the silver?

Would it be possible to give me your "recipe" so I can file it until I'm ready to paint my screen?

Thanks!
Mike W.

#4 of 4 Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt

Producer

• 3,813 posts

Posted June 29 2004 - 09:24 AM

I painted my screen but its optimized for an LCD based PJ so its a silver/grey mix which wouldn't be suitable for you. If you goto AVS they have a whole section on Screens and there's a good chunk that are DIY.