-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

New Monster Legacy Sets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 of 33 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,274 posts

Posted June 28 2004 - 05:34 AM

Has anyone heard whether the newest additions with the creature,Invisible man, and Mummy feature a box set with Sideshow busts ala the first. They look great in my HT and I'd like to add the others.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#2 of 33 Devin_C

Devin_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted June 28 2004 - 10:38 PM

I heard the one for the invisible man is him without his bandages. Posted Image

#3 of 33 John Milton

John Milton

Second Unit

• 291 posts

Posted July 05 2004 - 01:01 PM

I'm wondering the same thing. If the 2nd Monster Legacy box has the busts it's a must buy for me.

#4 of 33 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,520 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted July 05 2004 - 01:34 PM

Didn't the first set include a bust of the Invisible Man as a teaser for the second set? Posted Image
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#5 of 33 JulianK

JulianK

Supporting Actor

• 844 posts

Posted July 05 2004 - 03:14 PM

Quote:
Didn't the first set include a bust of the Invisible Man as a teaser for the second set?

It did, but I put it down somewhere, and now I can't find the wretched thing.

#6 of 33 Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted July 05 2004 - 08:14 PM

Just as a recap:

The Mummy Legacy Collection - The Mummy (1932), The Mummy's Hand (1940), The Mummy's Tomb (1942), The Mummy's Ghost (1944) and The Mummy's Curse (1944)

The Creature Legacy Collection - The Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954), Revenge of the Creature (1955) and The Creature Walks Among Us (1956)

The Invisible Man Legacy Collection - The Invisible Man (1933), The Invisible Man Returns (1940), The Invisible Woman (1940), The Invisible Agent (1942) and The Invisible Man's Revenge (1944)

Anticipated extras from the earlier Universal releases:

The Mummy - Audio commentary with David Jensen, "Mummy Dearest" documentary by David Skal, trailer, gallery

The Invisible Man - Audio commentary with Rudy Behlmer, "Now You See Him, Now You Don't" documentary, gallery

Creature from the Black Lagoon - Audio commentary with Tom Weaver, "Back to the Black Lagoon" documentary, trailer, gallery

--I bought myself the Frankenstein set and, having never owned the earlier releases, I pretty much love it. I was unable to find the three-in-one set, but I'll be getting Dracula and The Wolf Man real soon.

Can't wait to see Stephen Sommers doing a featurette on The Invisible Man: "Err, ummmmm. Yeah, he wasn't in Van Helsing." Posted Image

#7 of 33 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,274 posts

Posted July 06 2004 - 01:52 AM

Yeah my Brother In Law was down last Weekend and he took my Figure of the Claude Rains Invisible Man off the Stand and said "Now that's right"
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#8 of 33 Jim Peavy

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

• 717 posts

Posted July 06 2004 - 11:18 AM

Jim Clatterbaugh, Editor/Publisher of "Monsters from the Vault" magazine, is reporting that Tom Weaver is off to CA to record new commentaries for Revenge of the Creature and Creature Walks Among Us.

Furthermore, Weaver will be accompanied by monster expert/collector Bob Burns and leading lady Lori Nelson on Revenge, and Burns and co-star Gregg Palmer on Walks Among Us.

Cool news for Creach' and Classic Monster fans everywhere!
"I just pre-ordered I DRINK YOUR BLOOD, even though I have no job."

#9 of 33 Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted July 06 2004 - 11:21 AM

Thanks for the update, Jim.

Those extra goodies certainly add some value to what might have been the 'skimpiest' of the six sets. (It being just a trilogy and all...)

#10 of 33 Todd_Brown

Todd_Brown

Second Unit

• 396 posts

Posted July 06 2004 - 12:12 PM

I will buy the Creature set and the Invisible Man set for the movies not released the first time around. I managed to get all the Mummy pics, and the Wolfman pics. I bought the Dracula set for House of Dracula, and the Frankenstein set for the better version of Bride.
My DVD Collection

#11 of 33 John Milton

John Milton

Second Unit

• 291 posts

Posted July 06 2004 - 12:18 PM

Quote:
Has anyone heard whether the newest additions with the creature,Invisible man, and Mummy feature a box set with Sideshow busts ala the first.

So I take it by all this offtopic chitchat, that no one knows the answer to the original question? Posted Image

#12 of 33 Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff

Screenwriter

• 2,853 posts

Posted July 06 2004 - 12:21 PM

Quote:
Furthermore, Weaver will be accompanied by monster expert/collector Bob Burns and leading lady Lori Nelson on Revenge, and Burns and co-star Gregg Palmer on Walks Among Us.

That is great news! Weaver and Burns are two of the most genuinely nice guys around, and they have both forgotten more about these movies than most folks remember. I'm looking forward to these sets.

#13 of 33 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,680 posts

Posted July 06 2004 - 12:35 PM

Right on! I'm a big fan of the ol' Gill Man, so added features make a must-have item even more desirable.

The only MIA title left from the original releases is PHANTOM OF THE OPERA... I wonder if we'll see it resurface in the next wave...? I kinda suspect that future classic horror offerings from Universal will be single-movie releases, so PHANTOM would logically pop up there.

#14 of 33 Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 5,994 posts

Posted July 06 2004 - 01:57 PM

This is great news about the commentaries. Unfortunately, when Tom Weaver was asked if commentaries were in the works for the other Legacy Collections, he said "no".

We must be thankful for what we get, but I feel an opportunity has been lost when you consider that the same arrangement could have been made for Elena Verdugo (HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN), Jane Adams (HOUSE OF DRACULA), Gloria Stuart (THE INVISIBLE MAN), Turhan Bey (THE MUMMY'S TOMB) and Peggy Moran, before she died (THE MUMMY'S HAND).

#15 of 33 Jim Peavy

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

• 717 posts

Posted July 07 2004 - 11:14 PM

Has anyone heard whether the newest additions with the creature,Invisible man, and Mummy feature a box set with Sideshow busts ala the first.

So I take it by all this offtopic chitchat, that no one knows the answer to the original question?

I would be surprised if Universal didn't offer another box set, complete with busts. But no, I don't believe there is any official word one way or the other.

#16 of 33 Bill McCamy

Bill McCamy

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted August 12 2004 - 02:37 AM

Any reason to keep the original "Creature from the Black Lagoon" release? It seems that all of its features are included in this new release.

#17 of 33 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,520 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted August 12 2004 - 02:43 AM

This is Universal we're talking about. I wouldn't assume anything is carved in stone, included or excluded, until someone actually has it in hand and can confirm the specs.

Until then, hold on to your old disc.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#18 of 33 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,680 posts

Posted August 12 2004 - 02:47 AM

I'm keeping ALL of the earlier editions... the cover art is just too gorgeous. Posted Image

#19 of 33 ElAhrai

ElAhrai

Stunt Coordinator

• 154 posts

Posted August 12 2004 - 03:02 AM

I'm keeping the original disc too, but that's because I was lucky enough to get Ben Chapman and Julie Adams to autograph it.

Posted Image

#20 of 33 Jim Peavy

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

• 717 posts

Posted August 12 2004 - 05:23 AM

Furthermore, Weaver will be accompanied by monster expert/collector Bob Burns ... and co-star Gregg Palmer on Walks Among Us.

I heard recently that Gregg Palmer has had to bow out of this, due to some sort of union regulation.

Forum Nav Content I Follow