What's new

ScooterPalooza '04: It is with regret.... (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
...I have to say there won't be one this year. A number of factors come into play that make having one this year impossible.

These past 2 years have been uniquely difficult for my family and myself. Truth be told, when 'Palooza happened last year, I was in foreclosure and the Sheriff's Sale was scheduled for that subsequent monday. Things have improved a bit, but not completely. I am now in Chapt. 13 following a Chapt. 7 filing. Plus, as many know, I have played off a movie release of the last 2 years for a subtitle to the event. I mean, c'mon "ScooterMan"? (ScooterMan, ScooterMan..does whatever a Scooter can...) Not much to play with! :D

As for other issues, scheduling and what not became logistics that Ron and I found tough, at best, to overcome. For myself, not the least of which, is getting Morgan off to The University of Rochester in August.

On the plus side, I am NOT moving as I thought I would this year. The area is BOOMING and I would be embarrased to tell you what my house is now worth, let alone where it's expected to go in the next year or two. Suffice to say, I am in a position to do nicely ultimately. Feast or famine and all that. So ScooterPalooza 2005 is very much a possibility!

What I DO want to do is something less formal. Perhaps catching a release a week or two before street date and having a smaller gathering. After all, the Sabrett cart needs a workout! So if any are interested in a a casual gathering lemme know. Nothing nearly as elaborate as years past, but a nice moment together none the less.

And Holadem....."YOU" bring the beer!!!!! :D

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Of COURSE I'm interested! I was sad to have had to miss last year's event (timed right when I was stuck on the west coast ... at least I missed out on the Blackout of 2003), and I'm bummed to hear 2004's 'palooza has been cancelled ... but I'd love to be there for a less formal get-together.
And I'd still bring my Enchilada Casserole :)

And if Scott W's interested, I can bring him up (if he promises to bring some of those great pretzels!)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to hear of your troubles :frowning:

I was hoping to tag onlong for this SP as I havent gone before.

Best of luck! Hope everything works out.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hey Scooter, I volunteered last year to keep track of attendees, if you want me to do again this time around, I'll do that too in 2005... I was wondering what was going on a bit since I know you mentioned wanting to do one this spring which has come and gone. Hope you the best!

Jay

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Sorry to hear of your troubles Scoot, gonna dearly miss Scoot '04 =(

Would anyone be interested in a simple HTF Summer Picnic in central NJ?

My firehouse has an AWESOME shaded picnic grove, we have a little league field for the kids where our company picnic has done things like volleyball, egg tosses, and horse shoes. We have had picnics for over 75 people, trust me space is not an issue.

I can reserve the entire place for free, we would have tables, chairs, electric outlets and everything a regular picnic would need except food and people to bring and eat it. There is running water and clean bathrooms.

Hell, if someone wanted to bring a PJ, stereo system and a moderate sized bedsheet with some poles we could improvise a theater. Seriously.

I am MORE than happy to organize this if there is interest. Scooter would be elected mayor of my town for a day just so we could call it Scooterpalooze =)

Scooter has given so much to us, I'd love to return the favor.

Sam

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Oh, forgot to mention there is a full sized fire pit for grilling too, its the size of an home oil tank split in half, so like 2 55 gallon drums next to one another.

If there is gonna be a small casual Scootfest, I'm in for that for sure, but I would like to see our annual jersey meet continue to grow, and am willing to do the work to see that it happens.... Let me know what you guys think.

Sam

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Dya have ta ask?

Take care of your business Scoot, I hope it works out OK.

--
H

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Hmmm..Mayor of Navasink!

Now THAT is DAMN appealing!!!!!!:D

Let's see how the summer goes. Right now I am settling into my new job.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Heh, Navesink is just one tiny little piece of the Middletown empire.

But dont just take it from me, it's good enough for Bon Jovi and Max Weinberg =) Tho Geraldo escaped a few years back...

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
The Navesink River is fairly big though, spills out into the bay area and one can kayak to or connect to the Shrewsbury River, where my sister lives right off of.

Jay

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
That is true, the Navesink River is one of the nicest parts of NJ. The town is tiny tho! =)

BTW, it is pronounced NAY VEH SINK. Not NAH VAH SINK. We locals can track the bennies who moved in by how they pronounce it, dont let em know!

Sam

Paul Bond

Stunt Coordinator
Well I've never made the big event and might not ever make one, but that is my problem and unhappiness.

I am sad for your problems but glad for your handling of them and for setting your familial priorities where they belong.

And in 2005 perhaps we can reflect on this year with...

Scoot of the Rings

Bond. Paul Bond.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Oh wow Scooter, I had no idea that's why you wanted to move out of NJ. But I'm glad you're getting out of that mess.

What's your new job if you don't mind me asking?

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I work for a Ford Dealership in Netcong, New Jersey.

Andres: I wanted to leave Jersey since forever. HATE it here. Only reason I stayed was that I promised Morgan he could finish school here otherwise I'd be an Iowan or Kansan already.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Especially since all the talk about that "Hot Springs" place in West Virginia.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
The place in West Va. was nice enough..but just didn't...connect with me.

The midwest feels like home...pretty much that simple.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Andres: I was born in Waterloo, N.Y...then moved to Edison, N.J. when I was 4..Illinois when I was 6..and back to (ugh) NJ when I was 9.

Paul: I have a nephew in Flower Mound...did a month in Texas in '96. LOVED Austin!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks