#1 of 16 PaulP

PaulP

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts

Posted June 25 2004 - 05:20 AM

Just noticed this posted over at UltimateDisney.com:

Quote:
On this two-year anniversary of its US theatrical release, we've just learned of the bonus features that will appear on the much-anticipated 2-Disc Special Edition of Lilo & Stitch. These specs are from the film's DVD re-release in Italy, slated for this fall, but it's expected we'll see most (if not all) of the same pieces on the Region 1 "Masterpiece Edition" coming in early 2005.

The new previously unreleased bonus features will include:
• Audio commentary • Full-length documentary, "The Making of Lilo & Stitch" with scene selections and notes • 2 Animator Conversations: "Andres Deja discusses Lilo" and "Alex Kupershmidt discusses Stitch" • Deleted scenes & Early Concepts • Chris Sanders' Photo gallery • 2 new music videos: "Your Ohana", "Suspicious Minds" by Gareth Gates • The Style Book of Chris Sanders • The Story of Stitch • A Conversation with Joe Grant and Dean DeBlois • Ric Sluiter Interviews Maurice Noble • Dean DeBlois pitches a New Sequence • Mulan: "Mulan's Decision" • Dumbo: "The Train Arrives"

In addition, the Italian Special Edition will include most of the previous DVD's bonus features:
• music videos: "Burning Love" with Wynonna, "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" performed by the A*Teens • Disneypedia: Hawaii • "A Stitch in Time" • "Animating the Hula" • "How-To-Hula Lesson" • Theatrical Teasers and Trailers • "Gantu's Challenge" Game

The cover for this Italian Special Edition:

http://www.ultimated...ages/l&sint.jpg

#2 of 16 Jay Gunn

Jay Gunn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted June 25 2004 - 05:43 AM

Finally! This is my favorite Disney film since "The Lion King", and it's one that hasn't lost its appeal even after watching it over and over again. I've been hearing about the 2-disc SE for a while now and at least I now know of a potential release. I just wish they'd get it out before 2005.
-Jay

#3 of 16 Chuck L

Chuck L

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted June 25 2004 - 06:46 AM

Somehow I don't think that I will mind at all double, triple or even more dipping on this title. It's a must have!

Love that cover as well!!!!

#4 of 16 WilliamJI

WilliamJI

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted June 25 2004 - 01:49 PM

Can't wait!

#5 of 16 MarkBurton

MarkBurton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted September 11 2004 - 02:24 AM

Here is the Region 4 cover....

Posted Image
Doctorrrrrrrrr....Acula!

#6 of 16 Jesse Blough

Jesse Blough

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted September 11 2004 - 05:17 AM

Audio Commentary? I'm soooo getting this. Posted Image

Lilo & Stitch is my favorite movie ever. Posted Image

#7 of 16 Peter McM

Peter McM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted September 11 2004 - 10:08 AM

I don't normally collect Disney flicks, outside of the Pixar titles. But I have been waiting for the 2-disc SE of this. What most impressed me is the respect and accuracy with which they treated the hula; I hope the "animating the hula" feature is on this set.

I still laugh at Stitch's alien expletive, and the robot barfing machine parts over the railing.Posted Image
I am Car Salesman of Borg. You will be assimilated with no money down and easy terms available.

#8 of 16 Lars Vermundsberget

Lars Vermundsberget

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted September 11 2004 - 11:05 AM

I consider myself a Disney animation enthusiast, but I've actually never seen this one. I didn't buy the single-disc DVD since a double-disc was rumoured. So, finally...

#9 of 16 Richard Waller

Richard Waller

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted September 11 2004 - 12:26 PM

I hope the transfer is better this time around. I wasn't 100% pleased with the 1-disc version.

#10 of 16 JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted September 11 2004 - 01:12 PM

Stich is depressed... he needs desserts!

I agree about the transfer, this one could be wonderful, with such a rich soundtrack and lush visual pallate. If the transfer is well-done, it's mine.

#11 of 16 Peter McM

Peter McM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted September 11 2004 - 02:18 PM

"My friends must be punished."
I am Car Salesman of Borg. You will be assimilated with no money down and easy terms available.

#12 of 16 Jesse Blough

Jesse Blough

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 03:08 AM

Argh, when on Earth is this coming out? I figured Disney would have released it at the same time as Lilo & Stitch 2 but yet nothing...

Now with the lackluster new "special editions" of Tarzan and Emperor's New Groove, I'm starting to become worried that this new SE will have the same transfer and hardly any new extras.

Does anybody have any new info about a possible release date? Posted Image

#13 of 16 Lars Vermundsberget

Lars Vermundsberget

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 03:15 PM

I'll probably have to buy the single-disc edition first - then they might consider releasing this one. Posted Image

#14 of 16 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 9,271 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 19 2005 - 06:04 AM

Has this come out in any region yet?

This modern classic deserves a new edition a lot more than relatively forgettable stuff like Tarzan.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#15 of 16 Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,219 posts

Posted March 15 2009 - 08:08 AM

Question for LILO fans, is this the first release of the 2 DVD set releasing next week? I just got a review copy and was pretty much stunned by the deleted scenes on it (especially the 747 sequence). Have those scenes been on any other R1 release?

If they haven't, this DVD will truly be a must buy.

#16 of 16 Scamp

Scamp

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted March 16 2009 - 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Martin
Question for LILO fans, is this the first release of the 2 DVD set releasing next week? I just got a review copy and was pretty much stunned by the deleted scenes on it (especially the 747 sequence). Have those scenes been on any other R1 release?

If they haven't, this DVD will truly be a must buy.

Thanks Jon. I've been wondering if that 747 sequence would be on this 2-disc release or not. Lilo and Stitch has previously only had a 1 disc release here in R1 with 2 or 3 deleted scenes on it, so very much looking forward to this new 2 disc release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow