Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Angel season 4 DVD set (CONSOLIDATED THREAD)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
114 replies to this topic

#1 of 115 Eddy-C

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor

• 549 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 06:48 PM

http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=1756 has the cover art and DVD specs. You can pre-order it at Amazon.com now

I don't like the pic they used for David, but I didn't like his weight much that season either.
Click here for Trailer #1 | Trailer #2 | International Trailer

Keep Flyin' on September 30th!My DVDs | My Livejournal

#2 of 115 Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 08:10 PM

Seven commentaries! Posted Image

I'm not a big fan of the pic either, but oh well...glad to see that it's coming out relatively soon. It's hard to believe that we'll have the complete runs of Angel and Buffy by ~next Feb.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#3 of 115 Eddy-C

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor

• 549 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 08:27 PM

Yeah its really sad when I think about it. Are there any other 5+ season shows on DVD that are this close to ending their DVD run besides Dick Van Dyke and Mash?

#4 of 115 Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted June 23 2004 - 09:08 PM

Thanks!... seems like the wait for season 4 has been an extra long one... atleast to me. Yeah it is sad that we are almost to the end of Buffy and Angel sets... but hey... atleast we will have every ep... that we will be able to enjoy for years to come! Posted Image

Quote:
Yeah its really sad when I think about it. Are there any other 5+ season shows on DVD that are this close to ending their DVD run besides Dick Van Dyke and Mash?

I am sure there is a few... only thing I can think of off hand at the moment though would be only 3 seasons of Friends left.

#5 of 115 Natalie F

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator

• 137 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 10:20 PM

I like the colour, but I have to agree the picture they used sucks. He looks like a criminal or something. I liked the picture they used on the R2 cover. It's not the best, but it's better than this one. I wonder who they're going to put in Cordy's place on the S5 box. Spike? Posted Image

The extra's are all the same as the R2, which is to say, lots. I'm glad Angel finally started getting the volume of extra's it deserves Posted Image It's a pity theres no 5.1 sound though. I was hoping it would show up this season.

#6 of 115 Eddy-C

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor

• 549 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 10:42 PM

Yeah you'd think that with a season that showed so much fight scenes and SFX that they'd pony up the 5.1 at last.

#7 of 115 Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,448 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted June 24 2004 - 02:00 AM

Quote:
Are there any other 5+ season shows on DVD that are this close to ending their DVD run besides Dick Van Dyke and Mash?
The ninth & final season of "The X-Files" came out last month. This was the one that really started the whole season-set ball rolling way back in May of 2000. Hard to believe it's been 4 years.

And "Babylon 5"'s fifth & final season is on the streets as well, with only a box of the 5 TV movies to go.

I wouldn't call "M*A*S*H" close - season 6 was just released, there's 5 more to go.

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#8 of 115 Dillon*G

Dillon*G

Second Unit

• 336 posts

Posted June 24 2004 - 03:11 AM

I can't wait to get this since I missed the episodes wile they were on TV.September 7 is becoming a crowded day for tv dvd releases so i'm glad my birthday is on Sept. 18.

#9 of 115 Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted June 24 2004 - 04:54 AM

I'm glad to see Angel is finally getting a decent amount of extras. The first few sets were kind of sparse.
My Collection

#10 of 115 Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted June 24 2004 - 05:24 AM

I'm betting maybe Fred will end up on the season 5 cover. That was Amy Acker's season to shine, and if you think about it, they probably want to preserve the male/female on the cover.

#11 of 115 Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

• 1,825 posts

Posted June 24 2004 - 05:58 AM

Star Trek TNG and DS9 are also 5+ season series that have completed on DVD.
My DVD, Blu-Ray and HD DVD Collection @ DVDSpot

#12 of 115 Jari

Jari

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted June 24 2004 - 06:56 AM

Just finished my R2 season 4 set couple weeks ago and was completely blown away by it! One of the best tv seasons (and shows) ever! Those who have not seen it; prepare some free time since when you pop the first disc you just can't stop... I watched this faster than the first DVD season of 24 which I think says a lot. Only one season left to go. Posted Image

#13 of 115 Adam_ME

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

• 930 posts

Posted June 24 2004 - 10:05 AM

Quote:
I like the colour, but I have to agree the picture they used sucks. He looks like a criminal or something. I liked the picture they used on the R2 cover. It's not the best, but it's better than this one. I wonder who they're going to put in Cordy's place on the S5 box. Spike?

His facial expression looks bizarre. It's bad enough that he gained a bunch of weight that season, but that weird smile of his doesn't help matters.

The R2 cover art is much better, especially with all of the fire. Anyone who's seen the episode "Apocalypse, Nowish" knows why. Speaking of which, I think I'll be sticking with the R2 set. I don't wanna imagine how the episodes will look with the "Previously on Angel" intros removed. Especially "Orpheus" and "Home".
I should really learn to knock....in case there's a threesome going on in my bedroom. - Sandy Cohen, The O.C., The Countdown

My DVD Collection

#14 of 115 Daryl Stovall

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit

• 455 posts

Posted June 24 2004 - 11:42 AM

I really prefer the R2 packaging as whole over the R1 foldout format...It's pretty annoying.

#15 of 115 Joshua_W

Joshua_W

Second Unit

• 477 posts

Posted June 24 2004 - 11:45 AM

Quote:
I don't wanna imagine how the episodes will look with the "Previously on Angel" intros removed. Especially "Orpheus" and "Home".

God, yes. This concerns me quite a lot, especially considering how they tend to REMOVE parts of the opening scenes if the "previously" leads directly into the show.

Why can't they just leave well enough alone? Or at least put a chapter stop after the "previously" so someone can skip over it if they don't want to watch.

#16 of 115 Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted June 24 2004 - 12:30 PM

I better clear some space on my DVD shelf.
Let's hope for season 5 we get a cast commentary for the last episode and a commentary with Charisma for "Your Welcome."

#17 of 115 Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted June 24 2004 - 12:44 PM

Quote:
It's bad enough that he gained a bunch of weight that season, but that weird smile of his doesn't help matters.

Now, now. That's not weight, he just depressurized when they took him up from the bottom of the ocean. Bound to happen to the undead.

Shocking was Xander Harris in Buffy Season 6.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#18 of 115 Daryl Stovall

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit

• 455 posts

Posted June 24 2004 - 01:41 PM

Oh, btw it was Joss Whedon's 40th birthday yesterday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSS!

#19 of 115 Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted June 24 2004 - 02:54 PM

Fox included "previously-on's" on 24 S2, so I have no idea why they haven't corrected it with Buffy/Angel...but I don't expect them to.

...I'll just hang on to my SVCDs for the previously-on's Posted Image
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#20 of 115 Eddy-C

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor

• 549 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 06:48 PM

http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=1756 has the cover art and DVD specs. You can pre-order it at Amazon.com now

I don't like the pic they used for David, but I didn't like his weight much that season either.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow