Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need recommendation for new Denon receiver

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   BrianK

BrianK

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 08:35 AM

I posted this in the wrong forum before, so I thought I would try it here:

A lightning strike has killed my venerable old Denon 3300 receiver. I am going to have to replace it this weekend. I'm not sure how the insurance will replace it, but I was wondering what current Denon receiver would be comparable to the 3300. I know that in the past 4 years they have gotten a lot better, but as far as power and features which ones will compare? I think I paid a little over $1000 for it when I bought it, but I expect I can pay a little less now for a comparable unit.

I need it to have the same power specs, and it would be nice if it had HD capable component video switching. Sorry that I haven't kept up with the latest stuff, I was too busy enjoying what I had!! I loved my 3300. By the way, I have Klipsch Reference series speakers all around and I love the way the Denon matched up with them.

Thanks in advance for all advice.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Rico Trujillo

Rico Trujillo

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 08:53 AM

Short answer:

AVR-3805 MSRP $1200
AVR-2805 MSRP $900

You'll pay less than retail. Happy shopping.

Both receivers will be fantastic choices. You could also find demo or closeout 3803 models, even 2803. I still have a 2803 on the floor. (replacing it tomorrow)

Regards,
Rico

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   BrianK

BrianK

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 08:35 AM

I posted this in the wrong forum before, so I thought I would try it here:

A lightning strike has killed my venerable old Denon 3300 receiver. I am going to have to replace it this weekend. I'm not sure how the insurance will replace it, but I was wondering what current Denon receiver would be comparable to the 3300. I know that in the past 4 years they have gotten a lot better, but as far as power and features which ones will compare? I think I paid a little over $1000 for it when I bought it, but I expect I can pay a little less now for a comparable unit.

I need it to have the same power specs, and it would be nice if it had HD capable component video switching. Sorry that I haven't kept up with the latest stuff, I was too busy enjoying what I had!! I loved my 3300. By the way, I have Klipsch Reference series speakers all around and I love the way the Denon matched up with them.

Thanks in advance for all advice.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Rico Trujillo

Rico Trujillo

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 08:53 AM

Short answer:

AVR-3805 MSRP $1200
AVR-2805 MSRP $900

You'll pay less than retail. Happy shopping.

Both receivers will be fantastic choices. You could also find demo or closeout 3803 models, even 2803. I still have a 2803 on the floor. (replacing it tomorrow)

Regards,
Rico