What's new

Diana Krall's current tour - fantastic! (1 Viewer)

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
My fiance and I caught Diana Krall's performance in Boston last night and if you're a fan of small combo jazz, jazz fusion, or improvisation, you don't want to miss this concert. (It was only the third stop on the tour so most dates are still to come.)

She performed with a small combo of all-star jazz musicians (Anthony Wilson on guitar, Robert Hurst on upright bass, and Peter Erskine on drums). The set featured, as expected, many tracks from her latest release, but also included older songs and a couple songs not on any of her albums.

What made the night especially wonderful was that each song had a different arrangment -- sometimes radically different -- from the album and most songs included a featured solo by one of the members of the quartet.

She performed for about an hour fourty-five including the encore. All in all it was a spectacular performance with a very appreciative crowd.

-greg

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
My fiance and I caught Diana Krall's performance in Boston last night and if you're a fan of small combo jazz, jazz fusion, or improvisation, you don't want to miss this concert. (It was only the third stop on the tour so most dates are still to come.)

She performed with a small combo of all-star jazz musicians (Anthony Wilson on guitar, Robert Hurst on upright bass, and Peter Erskine on drums). The set featured, as expected, many tracks from her latest release, but also included older songs and a couple songs not on any of her albums.

What made the night especially wonderful was that each song had a different arrangment -- sometimes radically different -- from the album and most songs included a featured solo by one of the members of the quartet.

She performed for about an hour fourty-five including the encore. All in all it was a spectacular performance with a very appreciative crowd.

-greg

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
I have 2 tickets for July 10th in Houston at Jones Hall that sadly we cannot attend. :frowning:

If anyone is interested please PM or e-mail me.

Mods - Hopefully this doesn't break any forum rules.

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
I have 2 tickets for July 10th in Houston at Jones Hall that sadly we cannot attend. :frowning:

If anyone is interested please PM or e-mail me.

Mods - Hopefully this doesn't break any forum rules.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
tomorrow night on wxrt93.1 they're broadcasting her show from a club in chicago[webcast at 93xrt.com btw]8pm ct

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
tomorrow night on wxrt93.1 they're broadcasting her show from a club in chicago[webcast at 93xrt.com btw]8pm ct

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks