What's new

star war holiday special (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Very unlikely. In fact, I'd say that this is one program that, unlike the majority of TV programs and specials, may well never make it to DVD.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Very unlikely. In fact, I'd say that this is one program that, unlike the majority of TV programs and specials, may well never make it to DVD.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I think this is perhaps the only case where George Lucas and the fans are in agreement: that the Christmas Special is terrible and embarrassing. I haven't seen it, but its legendary awfulness has been conveyed through pictures and descriptions. There are ways of acquiring it, but they are through means not encouraged by this forum (check E-bay).

However, it is possible that a small portion may make it to the DVD release of the Trilogy this fall, namely the animated section that (I think) introduced Boba Fett. I think that some additional Star Wars-related TV shows may make it to DVD, though. I'd be kind of interested in the Ewoks movies, solely for nostalgic value.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I think this is perhaps the only case where George Lucas and the fans are in agreement: that the Christmas Special is terrible and embarrassing. I haven't seen it, but its legendary awfulness has been conveyed through pictures and descriptions. There are ways of acquiring it, but they are through means not encouraged by this forum (check E-bay).

However, it is possible that a small portion may make it to the DVD release of the Trilogy this fall, namely the animated section that (I think) introduced Boba Fett. I think that some additional Star Wars-related TV shows may make it to DVD, though. I'd be kind of interested in the Ewoks movies, solely for nostalgic value.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
If they had only left the musical performances out it might've been ok. Dian Carrol, Bea Arthur, Art Carny and Harvey Korman, and Jefferson Starship. All great people but they do not belong in the Star Wars universe!
And you're right Amy, it did introduce Boba Fett! The 11 minute cartoon was done by Nelvana who also did the two 1984 "Droids" and "Ewoks" series.

Check out this page.
http://www.lucasfan.com/swtv/index2.html
Anyway, it was produced by the network (CBS) and aimed at kids. As a 10 years old kid it was cool to me, at the time. Problem is, George Lucas hates it!
And, me and other fans that grew up with are all a bit jaded.
Just be glad they did'nt have Don Knotts as Jedi Master Furley!
Run everybody it's Mr. Furley with a lightsaber Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!!! LOL
I'm a big three's company fan but whoa! :D

On a side note, what is "crap" is bloody N'Sync wanting to be extras in episode II! "Yo, Obi-Wan Whatz-up?" give me a break! George Lucas got the point after enough people wrote him and complained. :D

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
If they had only left the musical performances out it might've been ok. Dian Carrol, Bea Arthur, Art Carny and Harvey Korman, and Jefferson Starship. All great people but they do not belong in the Star Wars universe!
And you're right Amy, it did introduce Boba Fett! The 11 minute cartoon was done by Nelvana who also did the two 1984 "Droids" and "Ewoks" series.

Check out this page.
http://www.lucasfan.com/swtv/index2.html
Anyway, it was produced by the network (CBS) and aimed at kids. As a 10 years old kid it was cool to me, at the time. Problem is, George Lucas hates it!
And, me and other fans that grew up with are all a bit jaded.
Just be glad they did'nt have Don Knotts as Jedi Master Furley!
Run everybody it's Mr. Furley with a lightsaber Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!!! LOL
I'm a big three's company fan but whoa! :D

On a side note, what is "crap" is bloody N'Sync wanting to be extras in episode II! "Yo, Obi-Wan Whatz-up?" give me a break! George Lucas got the point after enough people wrote him and complained. :D

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
I have a VHS copy, got it at a con several years ago.

Yes, it is that bad. It was very hard to sit through and I haven't watched it since.

But, I think I was seven years old when it aired and I loved it then. I had to have it for pure nostalgia reasons. I made a copy for my nephew a couple of years ago (he was five or six, I think) and he loved it.

As for seeing an official DVD release, I doubt it will ever happen. Rumor has it George had the original destroyed. That's probably not true, but I'm sure he'll never OK a release.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
I have a VHS copy, got it at a con several years ago.

Yes, it is that bad. It was very hard to sit through and I haven't watched it since.

But, I think I was seven years old when it aired and I loved it then. I had to have it for pure nostalgia reasons. I made a copy for my nephew a couple of years ago (he was five or six, I think) and he loved it.

As for seeing an official DVD release, I doubt it will ever happen. Rumor has it George had the original destroyed. That's probably not true, but I'm sure he'll never OK a release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks