-

Photo
- - - - -

My New SVS Twins Have Arrived!...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
288 replies to this topic

#1 of 289 frank manrique

frank manrique

Supporting Actor

• 798 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 01:22 PM

Although the B4+s arrived in Ontario, California last Friday night (10:22 P.M. or so the "tracking" information said), the two separate crates containing the subs were not supposed to be delivered until today. Oh, the agony!... Posted Image

Anyway...BAX Global, the purveyor of my new found reasons for happiness, Posted Image called this morning at 5:00 A.M. Rats!
I didn't hear the phone ring but my daughter did; she answered it and was told by the good BAX folks they would be delivering sometime after 3:00 P.M. Thanks a lot, BAX! (that is the approximate time I previously indicated to them since I had to go back to work today).
Actually, I called them on Monday to see if the B4+s could be delivered then since I was off work and at home most of the day, but was told "no way Jose...we'll deliver tomorrow and not any earlier!" or something to that effect. Posted Image
To make an story short (yeah, I know...am being long winded :b ), a big delivery truck--and I do mean very big!--arrived at my house shortly after 4:00 P.M. A rather large gentleman (what else could it be at this point! Posted Image ) knocked on my door and asked me to sign and date the delivery invoice...something I did with glee but with excitedly nervous hands.

The delivery guy proceeded to unload two rather hefty looking crates and their wooden pallets from his truck, up my driveway, to be ultimately placed close to the garage door, although not without some understandable difficulty; these damned things look like they weight a ton (720 Lbs. between the two packages)! Posted Image
By the way...one of the delivery crate arrived with clear evidences of amazing amount of physical damage (one whole particle board panel, which makes up part of the crating enclosure, is broken up and missing about 1/4 of its original size. However, SVS packs these things so well that no apparent damage seems to have occurred to the one B4+ sub occupying the interior space of the affected crate). The other crate fared somewhat better but still showed unmistakeable signs of handling abuse. Phew!
I'll ask my daughter to take pictures of the crates before they're opened (which won't be happening until the weekend when my son comes over with some of his buddies to help me relocate them subbass monsters inside the house since each sub weights nearly 200 Lbs.! Posted Image There is no way I can do the unpacking and moving them inside by my self, so I sure can use all the help I can muster. Hope it doesn't rain mean time!).

Stay tuned: the saga of the B4+ twins will continue...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

#2 of 289 steve nn

steve nn

Screenwriter

• 2,420 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 01:43 PM

The Fours have landed. You have the technology, you have the space, you have the manpower and now you have the dual fours to go with your eight cylinders. Ca/Frank Manrique has it's first six million dollar sub!

Congrats FrankPosted Image

#3 of 289 Richard_M

Richard_M

Second Unit

• 265 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 02:44 PM

Congratulations Frank...

Good times to be had Posted Image

Enjoy the toys.
"The Quality is remembered long after the Price is forgotten"

#4 of 289 terence

terence

Supporting Actor

• 985 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 03:00 PM

Congrats Frank!

You should be a proud papa, go ahead and stick your chest out buddy! Posted Image
Tee

"Enjoy Movies & Music."

My Home Theater

#5 of 289 frank manrique

frank manrique

Supporting Actor

• 798 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 05:27 PM

quote:

"The Fours have landed. You have the technology, you have the space, you have the manpower and now you have the dual fours to go with your eight cylinders. Ca/Frank Manrique has it's first six million dollar sub!"

Six million...that's about what will take to add a few Crown K2 amps and first rate EQ electronics!

"Congrats Frank"

Thank you my friend; really appreciate it... Posted Image

-THTS

#6 of 289 frank manrique

frank manrique

Supporting Actor

• 798 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 05:30 PM

quote:

"Congratulations Frank...Good times to be had...Enjoy the toys."

Thanks for the nice wishes, Richard!... Posted Image

-THTS

#7 of 289 frank manrique

frank manrique

Supporting Actor

• 798 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 05:35 PM

quote:

"Congrats Frank!

Thank you indeed, Terence! Posted Image

"You should be a proud papa, go ahead and stick your chest out buddy!"

I would definitely stick out my chest as a sign of pride...but my gut just won't let me!... Posted Image

-THTS

#8 of 289 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,087 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted June 22 2004 - 06:09 PM

frank:

Pictures are a requirement of the crates, on getting them into the house and then the set up. After that the large whole in the side of your house..the cracked foundation...the blown out windows...and the lack of bugs in the neighborhood.

is the understatement of the year!

Jesus. I thought my GOD a B4+ has got to be THE sub to have. And you my friend went and proved me wrong with getting a B8+.

You definitely need to let us know what type of dBs you hit at reference with this puppies.

Next up. An Outlaw 790 300 watts X 7 that will is set up be bridged mono into each of them.

You are really trying to get Califonia into the Pacific that much sooner aren't you.

Enjoy!

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#9 of 289 Dan Halchak

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator

• 195 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 01:02 AM

Man, did SVS mess up AGAIN!!!?????

One of those was supposed to make it's way to Pennsylvania, not California!!!! GEEEEZZZ...what an aweful company to work with...

Frank, feel free to send one B4+ back to Pennsylvania I'll pay for the shipping. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

No seriously, what a great company and congrats, I'm jealous, I just want ONE B4+!!!! Posted Image

Have fun with them and take LOTS of pictures!

#10 of 289 frank manrique

frank manrique

Supporting Actor

• 798 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 01:22 PM

Although the B4+s arrived in Ontario, California last Friday night (10:22 P.M. or so the "tracking" information said), the two separate crates containing the subs were not supposed to be delivered until today. Oh, the agony!... Posted Image

Anyway...BAX Global, the purveyor of my new found reasons for happiness, Posted Image called this morning at 5:00 A.M. Rats!
I didn't hear the phone ring but my daughter did; she answered it and was told by the good BAX folks they would be delivering sometime after 3:00 P.M. Thanks a lot, BAX! (that is the approximate time I previously indicated to them since I had to go back to work today).
Actually, I called them on Monday to see if the B4+s could be delivered then since I was off work and at home most of the day, but was told "no way Jose...we'll deliver tomorrow and not any earlier!" or something to that effect. Posted Image
To make an story short (yeah, I know...am being long winded :b ), a big delivery truck--and I do mean very big!--arrived at my house shortly after 4:00 P.M. A rather large gentleman (what else could it be at this point! Posted Image ) knocked on my door and asked me to sign and date the delivery invoice...something I did with glee but with excitedly nervous hands.

The delivery guy proceeded to unload two rather hefty looking crates and their wooden pallets from his truck, up my driveway, to be ultimately placed close to the garage door, although not without some understandable difficulty; these damned things look like they weight a ton (720 Lbs. between the two packages)! Posted Image
By the way...one of the delivery crate arrived with clear evidences of amazing amount of physical damage (one whole particle board panel, which makes up part of the crating enclosure, is broken up and missing about 1/4 of its original size. However, SVS packs these things so well that no apparent damage seems to have occurred to the one B4+ sub occupying the interior space of the affected crate). The other crate fared somewhat better but still showed unmistakeable signs of handling abuse. Phew!
I'll ask my daughter to take pictures of the crates before they're opened (which won't be happening until the weekend when my son comes over with some of his buddies to help me relocate them subbass monsters inside the house since each sub weights nearly 200 Lbs.! Posted Image There is no way I can do the unpacking and moving them inside by my self, so I sure can use all the help I can muster. Hope it doesn't rain mean time!).

Stay tuned: the saga of the B4+ twins will continue...

-THTS

#11 of 289 steve nn

steve nn

Screenwriter

• 2,420 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 01:43 PM

The Fours have landed. You have the technology, you have the space, you have the manpower and now you have the dual fours to go with your eight cylinders. Ca/Frank Manrique has it's first six million dollar sub!

Congrats FrankPosted Image

#12 of 289 Richard_M

Richard_M

Second Unit

• 265 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 02:44 PM

Congratulations Frank...

Good times to be had Posted Image

Enjoy the toys.
"The Quality is remembered long after the Price is forgotten"

#13 of 289 terence

terence

Supporting Actor

• 985 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 03:00 PM

Congrats Frank!

You should be a proud papa, go ahead and stick your chest out buddy! Posted Image
Tee

"Enjoy Movies & Music."

My Home Theater

#14 of 289 frank manrique

frank manrique

Supporting Actor

• 798 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 05:27 PM

quote:

"The Fours have landed. You have the technology, you have the space, you have the manpower and now you have the dual fours to go with your eight cylinders. Ca/Frank Manrique has it's first six million dollar sub!"

Six million...that's about what will take to add a few Crown K2 amps and first rate EQ electronics!

"Congrats Frank"

Thank you my friend; really appreciate it... Posted Image

-THTS

#15 of 289 frank manrique

frank manrique

Supporting Actor

• 798 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 05:30 PM

quote:

"Congratulations Frank...Good times to be had...Enjoy the toys."

Thanks for the nice wishes, Richard!... Posted Image

-THTS

#16 of 289 frank manrique

frank manrique

Supporting Actor

• 798 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 05:35 PM

quote:

"Congrats Frank!

Thank you indeed, Terence! Posted Image

"You should be a proud papa, go ahead and stick your chest out buddy!"

I would definitely stick out my chest as a sign of pride...but my gut just won't let me!... Posted Image

-THTS

#17 of 289 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,087 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted June 22 2004 - 06:09 PM

frank:

Pictures are a requirement of the crates, on getting them into the house and then the set up. After that the large whole in the side of your house..the cracked foundation...the blown out windows...and the lack of bugs in the neighborhood.

is the understatement of the year!

Jesus. I thought my GOD a B4+ has got to be THE sub to have. And you my friend went and proved me wrong with getting a B8+.

You definitely need to let us know what type of dBs you hit at reference with this puppies.

Next up. An Outlaw 790 300 watts X 7 that will is set up be bridged mono into each of them.

You are really trying to get Califonia into the Pacific that much sooner aren't you.

Enjoy!

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#18 of 289 Dan Halchak

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator

• 195 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 01:02 AM

Man, did SVS mess up AGAIN!!!?????

One of those was supposed to make it's way to Pennsylvania, not California!!!! GEEEEZZZ...what an aweful company to work with...

Frank, feel free to send one B4+ back to Pennsylvania I'll pay for the shipping. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

No seriously, what a great company and congrats, I'm jealous, I just want ONE B4+!!!! Posted Image

Have fun with them and take LOTS of pictures!

#19 of 289 Craig Chase

Craig Chase

Screenwriter

• 1,453 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 04:00 AM

I learned several months ago the most important set up tool is a good handtruck with straps... Getting a B4+ into the house alone was NOT easy...

Frank... You are just plain warped... Posted Image
Craig Chase

#20 of 289 Lee Carbray

Lee Carbray

Second Unit

• 308 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 04:54 AM

Quote:

I think a more appropriate request would be to let us know what dBs you hit ABOVE(way above)reference.Posted Image
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." Frank Zappa

Dealer listing for Toronto & Area

My Shiva