What's new

What do I need to know before I buy Dead Zone season 1? (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Hi,

Sorry, I know a search would help but I am at work and connection not going well. Somehow keep getting a link to a search engine instead of results!

I want to try this out. I was just going to get Season one but I heard there is a pilot not included in the boxset. I also see amazon.ca has 2 Dead Zone season 1 at different prices. Were there 2 releases? Any differences? Are US and Canadian releases different?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rolando

Screenwriter
Hi,

Sorry, I know a search would help but I am at work and connection not going well. Somehow keep getting a link to a search engine instead of results!

I want to try this out. I was just going to get Season one but I heard there is a pilot not included in the boxset. I also see amazon.ca has 2 Dead Zone season 1 at different prices. Were there 2 releases? Any differences? Are US and Canadian releases different?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
THey're essentially the same, but the US version has the mail-in pilot ooffer for U.S. reseidents and the Canadian release has the mail-iin pliot offer for Caanadian residents. Since this offer expired a year ago, makes little difference.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
THey're essentially the same, but the US version has the mail-in pilot ooffer for U.S. reseidents and the Canadian release has the mail-iin pliot offer for Caanadian residents. Since this offer expired a year ago, makes little difference.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
Rolando, you won't be missing anything by not seeing the original pilot--sometime before they put out the S1 set, they released the pilot on a single disc, which included an alternate ending, but even if the alternate scene isn't included on the S1 disc (I can't remember if it is or not) the commentary track discusses what was changed and why.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
Rolando, you won't be missing anything by not seeing the original pilot--sometime before they put out the S1 set, they released the pilot on a single disc, which included an alternate ending, but even if the alternate scene isn't included on the S1 disc (I can't remember if it is or not) the commentary track discusses what was changed and why.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The original pilot had different actors as Purdy and Dana, plus a couple other minor differences. It also has a different commentary.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The original pilot had different actors as Purdy and Dana, plus a couple other minor differences. It also has a different commentary.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I heard that the single disc release is not the same as the mail-in order disc. I have yet to buy Season 1 but there are a couple of reviews at Amazon for the single disc which state that.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I heard that the single disc release is not the same as the mail-in order disc. I have yet to buy Season 1 but there are a couple of reviews at Amazon for the single disc which state that.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit

The mail order disc is the original unaired pilot. It was only available by mail. The pilot that was released seperately in stores is included in the season 1 set.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit

The mail order disc is the original unaired pilot. It was only available by mail. The pilot that was released seperately in stores is included in the season 1 set.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Not exactly. The seperate disc presents it as a ~90 minute movie whereas on the set, it's a 2-part episode.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Not exactly. The seperate disc presents it as a ~90 minute movie whereas on the set, it's a 2-part episode.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Rolando, the set is very, very awesome and I highly recommend it and the second season set.

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Rolando, the set is very, very awesome and I highly recommend it and the second season set.

Gord

Rolando

Screenwriter
DOH!

I just ordered Season one AND the Pilot. Up until Greg Madsen's post I was under the impression the single disk Pilot was NOT included in the set and was the mail order one.

DOUBLE DOH!!!

Rolando

Screenwriter
So can anyone confirm for sure that Season, contains the pilot as sold individually? No reason why I should hold on to it?

Man, wish I had known before...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks