Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

NCAA Football 2004

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1060 replies to this topic

#1 of 1061 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 05:39 AM

Well, the football guides have been rolling out. Who's your money on and how do you think your team's going to do? Kentucky's going to suck as usual. On a related note, I'm happy as hell my friend Abney got drafted by Baltimore. Feel pretty bad that I didn't give him a call before he left though.

#2 of 1061 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 05:39 AM

Well, the football guides have been rolling out. Who's your money on and how do you think your team's going to do? Kentucky's going to suck as usual. On a related note, I'm happy as hell my friend Abney got drafted by Baltimore. Feel pretty bad that I didn't give him a call before he left though.

#3 of 1061 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,663 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted June 21 2004 - 06:21 AM

I have not read much about other teams, but Michigan's challenge will be replacing Chris Perry at RB -- no one from last season's roster stands out, so there may be some freshmen getting carries this season. They return their entire receiving group and most of the defensive secondary, and they had quite a bit of young depth on the offensive line. They should be okay at QB, since Matt Guttierez should be able to take over for the departed John Navarre.

The Wolverines should be one of the favorites in the Big Ten. It will be interesting to see how Ohio State does, since they lost so many players in the draft and Maurice Clarett's status is still unknown (although I would bet he does not play in Columbus this year).

How is Mike Williams doing in his attempt to get reinstated at USC?

#4 of 1061 OFFLINE   CalvinCarr

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 07:31 AM

Of Course the Florida Gators will win it all this year.Posted Image
I just wish they would give the Gator Bowl the last BCS game or the ACC championship game. Jacksonville knows how to throw a big game. Look at the Florida Georgia game. The Superbowl will be awesome this year.Posted Image

#5 of 1061 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 07:36 AM

Hoping Georgia will have a better year than last year.

#6 of 1061 OFFLINE   CalvinCarr

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 07:49 AM

Last year it was there for Georgia to take.

#7 of 1061 OFFLINE   LDfan

LDfan

Supporting Actor

• 724 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 08:19 AM

I'm still hoping Penn State will once again rise from the ashes.

Jeff

#8 of 1061 OFFLINE   Tony_Woods

Tony_Woods

Stunt Coordinator

• 106 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 08:26 AM

Here's hoping the Huskers can ride solid defense for a while until the new offense gets clicking. Should be a very promising year.

#9 of 1061 OFFLINE   Bob Graz

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor

• 798 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 08:36 AM

I think this year is John Bunting's last opportunity to do something with the UNC Tar Heels. If he doesn't have a decent season, it's bye bye Bunting.

#10 of 1061 OFFLINE   CalvinCarr

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 08:42 AM

Same with Ron Zook at Florida. Our biggest problem is going to be in the safety area.

#11 of 1061 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 09:52 AM

I don't really have a favorite college football team, but I really believe that U.S.C will be in the fix for the national title once again, especially when/if they get Mike Williams back. Right now they're my early pick to win it all.

#12 of 1061 OFFLINE   MikeH

MikeH

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 12:01 PM

My cousin is beginning his first year at UCF in Orlando so I now have a real reason to cheer/watch NCAA football.

Mike

#13 of 1061 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 01:39 PM

I'd favor Georgia to be the winner of the SEC considering everybody else is in rebuild mode. Maybe LSU to a lesser extent, but I'm hardpressed to think they can repeat their success of last year.

P.S. I hope Sports Illustrated doesn't make Georgia their pick for national title winner. Posted Image

#14 of 1061 OFFLINE   SethH

SethH

Screenwriter

• 2,867 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 03:02 PM

I'm hoping Marcus Vick isn't suspended for the ENTIRE season so that we at least stand a chance this season. Us Hokies don't really stand any chance of winning it all this year, but we're hoping for at least a shot at the ACC, but we'll probably need Vick if we're going to make a decent showing. And yes, we'll be getting beat up on by USC first game of the season. Marcus will certainly be suspended that game (not that it would make a difference).

#15 of 1061 OFFLINE   ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait

Screenwriter

• 2,187 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 05:25 PM

I hope Ohio State can pull off a Florida State/Miami and reload and continue to win. It may be pretty hard considering that 14 players were taken in the draft.

As for Clarett, I honestly don't know whether to give up on him or hope that he comes back a better person and be ready to give 100% on the field and in the classroom.

I think the Big Ten title and maybe a spot in the national title game will come down to the U-M/OSU game.

#16 of 1061 OFFLINE   CalvinCarr

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 11:11 PM

That's one thing about living in Florida...We have 3 great teams to watch every year.

#17 of 1061 OFFLINE   Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 04:46 AM

Quote:
Hoping Georgia will have a better year than last year.

Steve: If UGA can get their O-line clicking, then they'll be pretty tough to beat. Lumpkin looked real good at the end of last season, and Odell Thurman & Pollack return on D....replacing Sean Jones will be tough though. I'm a Tech grad, but I do look forward to seeing the UGA/FL game; its my current pick for game of the year.

I think GT will do OK in the new ACC, but I think its going to be a rough year for the carolina schools. NCSU lost Rivers, Duke had a player killed in an accident, UNC doesn't seem like they believe in Bunting anymore, and Wake is kind of a wild card. Miami is probably going to win going away, at least this year...FSU still has Rix as QB, and VT lost a lot of players. I'll be watching most of it from Mexico.

#18 of 1061 OFFLINE   Shane Martin

Shane Martin

Producer

• 6,017 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 06:58 AM

While these aren't high expectations, I expect my Sooners to be in the National Title game again this year. Keep in mind though that losing 2 games is a bad season at OU. Given our coach and the talent that he has brought in, Our expectations are going to be high until Stoops jets to the NFL(whom really can't afford him).

#19 of 1061 OFFLINE   CalvinCarr

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 07:31 AM

I think most colleges that are in the hunt year after year would think 2 losses as a bad season. If you have 2 looses anywhere near the end of the season kiss your hopes goodbye. That's why it's great that Florida plays Miami at the begining of the year.

As for Stoops....noone thought spurrier would ever go neither. Now that he's free there's hope of him returning.

#20 of 1061 OFFLINE   Doug R

Doug R

Supporting Actor

• 787 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 06:29 PM

There isn't a chance in hell Spurrier will return to UF.