-

Photo
- - - - -

Wonderfalls comes to DVD on december 7th, 2004!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
126 replies to this topic

#121 of 127 OFFLINE   Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty M
I recently watched the entire 13 episode series of this show. It was a really great series. What a shame that Fox gave up on it so quickly. I am grateful that they did release all 13 episodes that were filmed.

I highly recommend purchasing this series. It was a bit quirky, but a "good quicky".

Glad to hear this. I blind bought this set on the cheap from Amazon last year, but have yet to work my way around to it. Blame that on Buffy, Charmed, X-Files and Star Trek: TNG among other sets that I own. *Sigh*

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#122 of 127 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Screenwriter

• 2,032 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted January 25 2007 - 01:29 PM

I agree. It was a very good show. Fox has a bad record of not giving shows long enough to gain an audience.
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#123 of 127 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,000 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 25 2007 - 03:16 PM

I love Wonderfalls but if Fox let it run until the end of time, I don't think it would have gained an audience. It's a great show but it's just not what the average viewer is into.

#124 of 127 OFFLINE   LarryH

LarryH

Supporting Actor

• 552 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
It's a great show but it's just not what the average viewer is into.

The best recommendation you could give for Wonderfalls!

Anyhow, I liked it and bought the set.

#125 of 127 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 04:48 PM

Oh I dunno, that other show about God talking to a girl did a season or two, didn't it? Joan of Arcadia or something? And even Dead Like Me, which felt similar to Wonderfalls, lasted two seasons. But Fox kills its young.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#126 of 127 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted January 26 2007 - 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
I love Wonderfalls but if Fox let it run until the end of time, I don't think it would have gained an audience. It's a great show but it's just not what the average viewer is into.
Another show that fits in that category from Fox was Keen Eddie. My wife and I watched this show and knew it wouldn't connect with the "average viewer". We loved the show and are proud to NOT be one of the average viewers.

Thanks to admins for moving my post to this thread. I will try to do a better job of searching before I start another thread.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#127 of 127 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,202 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted August 12 2011 - 02:32 AM

I watched the original four or five episodes when they aired on Fox back in '04, and just burned through the whole series on DVD through Netflix the last couple weeks. The last episode left me yearning for more "Wonderfalls". Unlike other great shows killed early, I don't even know if I'd want a follow-up series. The character of Jaye Tyler was fundamentally a mid-twenties character. Seeing her in the same place at 33 would undermine the arc of the show and feel pretty depressing.

Forum Nav Content I Follow