What's new

Wonderfalls comes to DVD on december 7th, 2004! (1 Viewer)

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
An excellent and hilarious pilot but the following episodes are unfortunatley, much weaker.

Might check it out to see if it improves later in the season.

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
An excellent and hilarious pilot but the following episodes are unfortunatley, much weaker.

Might check it out to see if it improves later in the season.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I hope they keep the original music. This is another example of a show that I adore, getting canned before it gets a shot. Remember the whole "Women of Thursday" thing that had with that horrible show "Tru Calling" that lastest two weeks?

Ryan

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I hope they keep the original music. This is another example of a show that I adore, getting canned before it gets a shot. Remember the whole "Women of Thursday" thing that had with that horrible show "Tru Calling" that lastest two weeks?

Ryan

JasonBrown

Stunt Coordinator

Posts over at savewonderfalls.com from folks in the know indicate that most of the original music is being replaced. For both and aired and unaired episodes.

JasonBrown

Stunt Coordinator

Posts over at savewonderfalls.com from folks in the know indicate that most of the original music is being replaced. For both and aired and unaired episodes.

Lee Ford

Agent
Sweeeeet!!! Now I finally get to see the whole story arc. It's sad I have to wait until DVD to see all the episodes of most of my favorite new shows (Firefly, Arrested Development, Wonderfalls), but at least they're releasing them.

Lee Ford

Agent
Sweeeeet!!! Now I finally get to see the whole story arc. It's sad I have to wait until DVD to see all the episodes of most of my favorite new shows (Firefly, Arrested Development, Wonderfalls), but at least they're releasing them.

John*P

Second Unit
I can't wait for the Wonderfalls DVDs, it should be an awesome set. I wish the Fox network would've treated the show better...

John*P

Second Unit
I can't wait for the Wonderfalls DVDs, it should be an awesome set. I wish the Fox network would've treated the show better...

Kyle**S

Stunt Coordinator
Cranberry, who runs the SaveWonderfalls.com website, recently mentioned that Twentieth Century Fox Home Video currently wants to make this a 16:9 widescreen release.

The only episodes intentionally framed for widescreen were "Caged Bird" (the finale) and "Cocktail Bunny" (also known as "Brass Monkey." Neither of these episodes aired. I don't why "Cocktail Bunny" was filmed for widescreen, but apparently it'll make since when you see it.

The rest were shot in widescreen but framed for 4:3, although they were made to be widescreen compatible like most FOX shows.

Here' what showrunning Executive Producer Tim Minear has said on the issue:

"Wonderfalls is meant to be seen full screen, with some exceptions. But let's just say full screen and leave it at that. It's not like Firefly where we meant for it to be 16x9 and they wouldn't let us. they wouldn't let us to point where there was no frame at all because we were all CANCELLED AND SHIT."

Additional exceptions to the 4:3 rule include the main titles (which I think was actually wider than 16:9) and the opening tourist-photography-esque shots (which were in 16:9, bordered by a camera-esque frame) of the first act of second episode, "Karma Chameleon." There's possibly other examples I don't know about, but I think you get the idea that this release should be mostly fullscreen (4:3).

I encourage everyone who cares to contact Fox Home Video and tell them that we would prefer OAR.

Though adding unused space on the sides is better than cutting off the top and bottom to make it 16:9, which would still be better than not releasing the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks