Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Wonderfalls comes to DVD on december 7th, 2004!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
126 replies to this topic

#1 of 127 OFFLINE   Eddy-C

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor

• 549 posts

Posted June 20 2004 - 05:40 PM

I saw a article about it onaint it cool news.

Quote:
This is according to series executive producer (and frequent director) Todd Holland, who spilled at Thursday’s “Wonderfalls” screening in Hollywood.
The commentaries have not yet been taped, but series creator Bryan Fuller confides the plan is add commentary tracks to six of the 13 completed episodes: “Wax Lion” (the knee-slapper pilot), “Crime Dog” (the start of the big season story arc), “Lovesick Ass” (a mail-order bride arrives), “Safety Canary” (one of poor Kellie Waymire’s last jobs), “Cocktail Bunny” (noir hilarity as Jaye is instructed to save someone from someone else) and “Caged Bird” (the series finale).
Interestingly, the only commentary-sporting episode that aired in the United States is the pilot.

Click here for Trailer #1 | Trailer #2 | International Trailer

Keep Flyin' on September 30th!My DVDs | My Livejournal

#2 of 127 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted June 20 2004 - 08:34 PM

Thanks Eddy... This is a must buy for me! Posted Image

#3 of 127 OFFLINE   Mark_Johnson

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted June 20 2004 - 11:35 PM

An excellent and hilarious pilot but the following episodes are unfortunatley, much weaker.

Might check it out to see if it improves later in the season.

#4 of 127 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 03:14 AM

I hope they keep the original music. This is another example of a show that I adore, getting canned before it gets a shot. Remember the whole "Women of Thursday" thing that had with that horrible show "Tru Calling" that lastest two weeks?

Ryan

#5 of 127 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,583 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted June 21 2004 - 04:28 AM

Good news! Now I can free some space on my ReplayTV archive!
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#6 of 127 OFFLINE   JasonBrown

JasonBrown

Stunt Coordinator

• 62 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 04:49 AM

Quote:
I hope they keep the original music

Posts over at savewonderfalls.com from folks in the know indicate that most of the original music is being replaced. For both and aired and unaired episodes.

#7 of 127 OFFLINE   Eddy-C

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor

• 549 posts

Posted June 20 2004 - 05:40 PM

I saw a article about it onaint it cool news.

Quote:
This is according to series executive producer (and frequent director) Todd Holland, who spilled at Thursday’s “Wonderfalls” screening in Hollywood.
The commentaries have not yet been taped, but series creator Bryan Fuller confides the plan is add commentary tracks to six of the 13 completed episodes: “Wax Lion” (the knee-slapper pilot), “Crime Dog” (the start of the big season story arc), “Lovesick Ass” (a mail-order bride arrives), “Safety Canary” (one of poor Kellie Waymire’s last jobs), “Cocktail Bunny” (noir hilarity as Jaye is instructed to save someone from someone else) and “Caged Bird” (the series finale).
Interestingly, the only commentary-sporting episode that aired in the United States is the pilot.

Click here for Trailer #1 | Trailer #2 | International Trailer

Keep Flyin' on September 30th!My DVDs | My Livejournal

#8 of 127 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted June 20 2004 - 08:34 PM

Thanks Eddy... This is a must buy for me! Posted Image

#9 of 127 OFFLINE   Mark_Johnson

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted June 20 2004 - 11:35 PM

An excellent and hilarious pilot but the following episodes are unfortunatley, much weaker.

Might check it out to see if it improves later in the season.

#10 of 127 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 03:14 AM

I hope they keep the original music. This is another example of a show that I adore, getting canned before it gets a shot. Remember the whole "Women of Thursday" thing that had with that horrible show "Tru Calling" that lastest two weeks?

Ryan

#11 of 127 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,583 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted June 21 2004 - 04:28 AM

Good news! Now I can free some space on my ReplayTV archive!
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#12 of 127 OFFLINE   JasonBrown

JasonBrown

Stunt Coordinator

• 62 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 04:49 AM

Quote:
I hope they keep the original music

Posts over at savewonderfalls.com from folks in the know indicate that most of the original music is being replaced. For both and aired and unaired episodes.

#13 of 127 OFFLINE   Lee Ford

Lee Ford

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 07:43 PM

Sweeeeet!!! Now I finally get to see the whole story arc. It's sad I have to wait until DVD to see all the episodes of most of my favorite new shows (Firefly, Arrested Development, Wonderfalls), but at least they're releasing them.

#14 of 127 OFFLINE   John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 01:07 PM

I can't wait for the Wonderfalls DVDs, it should be an awesome set. I wish the Fox network would've treated the show better...

#15 of 127 OFFLINE   Lee Ford

Lee Ford

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 07:43 PM

Sweeeeet!!! Now I finally get to see the whole story arc. It's sad I have to wait until DVD to see all the episodes of most of my favorite new shows (Firefly, Arrested Development, Wonderfalls), but at least they're releasing them.

#16 of 127 OFFLINE   John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted June 22 2004 - 01:07 PM

I can't wait for the Wonderfalls DVDs, it should be an awesome set. I wish the Fox network would've treated the show better...

#17 of 127 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted June 24 2004 - 12:45 PM

Wonder-fall news!

#18 of 127 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted June 24 2004 - 12:45 PM

Wonder-fall news!

#19 of 127 OFFLINE   Kyle**S

Kyle**S

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts

Posted July 04 2004 - 11:59 AM

Cranberry, who runs the SaveWonderfalls.com website, recently mentioned that Twentieth Century Fox Home Video currently wants to make this a 16:9 widescreen release.

The only episodes intentionally framed for widescreen were "Caged Bird" (the finale) and "Cocktail Bunny" (also known as "Brass Monkey." Neither of these episodes aired. I don't why "Cocktail Bunny" was filmed for widescreen, but apparently it'll make since when you see it.

The rest were shot in widescreen but framed for 4:3, although they were made to be widescreen compatible like most FOX shows.

Here' what showrunning Executive Producer Tim Minear has said on the issue:

"Wonderfalls is meant to be seen full screen, with some exceptions. But let's just say full screen and leave it at that. It's not like Firefly where we meant for it to be 16x9 and they wouldn't let us. they wouldn't let us to point where there was no frame at all because we were all CANCELLED AND SHIT."

Additional exceptions to the 4:3 rule include the main titles (which I think was actually wider than 16:9) and the opening tourist-photography-esque shots (which were in 16:9, bordered by a camera-esque frame) of the first act of second episode, "Karma Chameleon." There's possibly other examples I don't know about, but I think you get the idea that this release should be mostly fullscreen (4:3).

I encourage everyone who cares to contact Fox Home Video and tell them that we would prefer OAR.

Though adding unused space on the sides is better than cutting off the top and bottom to make it 16:9, which would still be better than not releasing the set.

#20 of 127 OFFLINE   Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted July 04 2004 - 12:10 PM

I agree, I saw a few episodes in widescreen, they looked horrible.Posted Image

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow