-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Old Nick Shows

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#81 of 217 Anthony Wolfe

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 04:15 PM

Definitely, and I completely forgot about Kenan & Kel as well as Roundhouse, there are so many, I can't even remember, but I just remember the good times, and the guy who brought up ALEX MACK! WHOOO HOOO! I love that show. Nick is the best man.

#82 of 217 Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter

• 1,636 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 04:49 PM

I've got to say that at the top of my wishlist for these Nick shows is Are You Afraid of the Dark?

If my memory serves me correct, there were some quality episodes there with some real creativity.

I wouldn't mind seeing Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Doug, Rocco, etc either...

#83 of 217 Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted February 10 2005 - 06:06 AM

I've been saying this whole time that these shows would just be a license to print money if they ever hit DVD.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread though, Nick might not own the rights to all of the shows they broadcasted so that would be something to keep those shows out of being included in the rewind collection. What they would or would not own, I don't know but its something to be considered.

Yeah, Round House was great, Secret World of Alex Mac...Are You Afraid of the Dark...all of them.

I wonder spekaing of not owning certain shows if Disney wouldn't be the studio to release Doug, I think they bought it a few years ago when they started to air on ABC.

#84 of 217 MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted February 10 2005 - 07:18 AM

*coughs*Cities of Gold*coughs*

I want Afraid of the Dark, YCDTOTV and Hey Dude naturally, but man, I'm DYING for a DVD of Cities of Gold!
So much TV... So little money! Please visit my blog at: http://tvhistoryondvd.blogspot.com/

#85 of 217 Beau

Beau

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted February 10 2005 - 07:53 AM

Quote:
Hey Dude
Oh yeah! I completely forgot about that one! I keep getting more and more excited the more I remember all those shows.Posted Image

#86 of 217 Matthew H

Matthew H

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted February 10 2005 - 07:53 AM

I'd be (almost) all of the Rewind Collections.. I liked Clarissa but not enough to warrant a purchase. I'm hoping for more classic shows. w00t!
Matt

Mobu? Sounds like some sort of damn car polish.

#87 of 217 Joe:C

Joe:C

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted February 10 2005 - 04:15 PM

Hey Dude, Salute your Shorts, and Are You Afraid of the Dark? would be on my purchase list.

#88 of 217 Joseph G.

Joseph G.

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 12:06 AM

My original post about 8 months ago:

I dont know who owns the rights to old nickolodean shows and cartoons. But I would love to see alot of them get dvd releases. Shows such as: Salute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of The Dark, Hey Dude, and tunes such as: AHHH! Real Monsters, Count Duckula, Doug and ect. ect. I think that Nickolodean would benefit by releasing some of these shows and labeling them Nick Classics. Kind of how Hanna Barberra labels their cartoon box sets as the Hanna Barberra collection. Just curious how many people would be interested in box sets like these. Also feel free to list shows you would consider Nick Classics. I realize this is just wishful thinking and probably hopeful dreaming, but it would be great to see.

It's great to see this looks to be true. Except for it will be called the rewind collection and not Nick Classics! When I said it was wishful thinking and hopeful dreaming, I meant it. I didnt think I would see the day. Great news most defitnely! I will be purchasing Clarissa Explains it All! It's kind of cheezy now I'm sure, but it brings me back to a part of my childhood.

Also, I wonder what made them release Clarissa first(not taking away from the excitement!). I figured if they ever did such a thing it would be with "Salute Your Shorts" or "Hey Dude". Oh well either way I'm pysched about this!

Oh yeah another thing, in my original thread I talked about toons being a part of "Nick Classics". Does anyone know if the cartoons will be considered for the "Rewind Collection"? I hope so, and I cant wait to see if there will be another announcement concerning these Rewind collections.

#89 of 217 Eddy-C

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor

• 549 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 12:44 AM

I'm definitely buying this.
Click here for Trailer #1 | Trailer #2 | International Trailer

Keep Flyin' on September 30th!My DVDs | My Livejournal

#90 of 217 Steve_Z

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 07:39 AM

This is great news. While I to am not planing on buying Clarissa Explains It All. I hope it does well, and hopefully they will soon release the original All That, Kenan and Kel, etc.

Maybe even You Can't Do That on Television, which Nickelodeon/Viacom does not own the DVD rights too. Most of Nick's 80's shows were not produced by their company, thus they don't own the DVD rights to those shows.

#91 of 217 Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 07:44 AM

That's awesome I have a feeling most of Nick shows that we want will come with this Rewind Collection. I have a good feeling about Are You Afraid of the Dark!!!!

#92 of 217 RossMan

RossMan

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 09:49 AM

Joseph G. wrote:
"Also, I wonder what made them release Clarissa first(not taking away from the excitement!). I figured if they ever did such a thing it would be with "Salute Your Shorts" or "Hey Dude". Oh well either way I'm pysched about this!"

It's because that "Clarissa" has the biggest potential market...
i.e, Melissa Joan Hart->tween market.

#93 of 217 ravma

ravma

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 01:25 PM

YAHOOOOOOO! MAN, this is exciting!
TVShowsonDVD just posted an article announcing PETE AND PETE: Season 1! Same Day release as Clarissa! Did I mention this is exciting? Here's hoping Paramount has more sets to announce for that date! Posted Image

#94 of 217 Jarrod Hines

Jarrod Hines

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 01:34 PM

HOT DAMN! My #1 Nick show!!!

I am now officially ALL OVER these releases!

#95 of 217 Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter

• 1,636 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 02:20 PM

Wow, great news! Here's hoping for Are You Afraid of the Dark...

#96 of 217 Joseph G.

Joseph G.

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 02:33 PM

The Good news just keeps coming!

#97 of 217 AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 02:36 PM

Both shows so far are ones I like but will wait for. But it's about time we're getting these shows! Thanks Nick and Paramount!

#98 of 217 Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 03:04 PM

I am so psyched for Pete and Pete. Bring on Mr Tasty!
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#99 of 217 Anthony Wolfe

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 04:47 PM

SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT! Warner move the hell over (well, not yet), this is awesomeness! Pete & Pete, Clarissa, Come on Rewind Collection...GO GO GADGET DVD!

#100 of 217 Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor

• 537 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 11:00 PM

The 8 episodes of The Adventures of Pete and Pete seem a little skimpy, but I'm still glad its coming out. Hopefully it will have some extra content, particularly the original shorts and specials. Its a very funny show that can be compared favorably to the adult sitcoms of the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users