Old Nick Shows

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#61 of 217 Don_Limey

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted October 11 2004 - 11:49 PM

I would certainly get Salute Your Shorts. I loved that show when I was a kid. I remember Budnick, Donkeylips & the hot Dina.

#62 of 217 Chris:L

Chris:L

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 04:59 AM

ZEKE the PLUMBER

#63 of 217 Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 05:12 AM

What was that game show called where they ran around in like a egyptian setting almost, doing various different "events," then at the end they went through a large maze sorta...

Throughout the show the host talked to a large mask on the wall, adding to the theme...

I'm like 99% sure this was on Nick, what was the title of it??

Mike

oh btw count me in for Are you Afraid, Rugrats, Doug, Rocko, and probably many more. Nick was the BEST back in the day
Playstation Network:
CarpeD1em500

#64 of 217 JasonJason

JasonJason

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 05:26 AM

Quote:
What was that game show called where they ran around in like a egyptian setting almost, doing various different "events," then at the end they went through a large maze sorta...

It was called "Legends of the Hidden Temple". It's still on the digital cable channel that shows all the old Nick game shows.

I'm putting my vote in for:
You Can't Do That On Television
Out of Control
Dangermouse
Today's Special
Adventures of Pete and Pete
Turkey Television
Salute Your Shorts
Welcome Freshman
Mr. Wizard's World

I'm sure there are other good ones, but, those are the main ones I can think of.

#65 of 217 Chris:L

Chris:L

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 07:19 AM

You Can't Do That On Television. Wow, I never ever found that funny.

#66 of 217 Jarrod Hines

Jarrod Hines

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 02:19 AM

Clarissa S1 on May 17! YAY!

http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=2895

Up next? Hopefully "Pete and Pete!"

#67 of 217 Wezzo

Wezzo

Second Unit

• 258 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 03:28 AM

Yes! I hope this paves the way for Pete & Pete, Are You Afraid?, Rugrats, Doug, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold and Kenan and Kel..

#68 of 217 Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter

• 1,636 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 04:23 AM

Quote:
Yes! I hope this paves the way for Pete & Pete, Are You Afraid?, Rugrats, Doug, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold and Kenan and Kel..

I'll second those sentiments!

#69 of 217 Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 04:51 AM

Quote:
Up next? Hopefully "Pete and Pete!"

Arty!!!...the Strongest Man...in the wooooooooooorld!

I'll do my part to help other shows come out by buying season 1 of Clarissa which wasn't my favorite Nickelodeon show, but it wasn't the worst either.

#70 of 217 Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter

• 1,636 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 05:15 AM

Quote:
Arty!!!...the Strongest Man...in the wooooooooooorld!

Posted Image

Wow that caught me off gaurd. I comepletely forgot about taht pop-culture icon. Thanks Casey!

#71 of 217 elizaVeta

elizaVeta

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 07:15 AM

I didn't read through the whole entire thread very thoroughly but I think Clarissa Explains It All is coming out on DVD, right?? Posted Image

If they release that they'll probably release others! So, it's hope. Posted Image

#72 of 217 Ben_@

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 07:40 AM

WOW. I like that they're going ahead with the "Rewind collectiong" it gives people like me something to hope for down the line. While I'm not going to pick up Clarissa, i know plenty of people who will, and I'll look forward to future "Rewind" releases.

#73 of 217 AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 08:32 AM

This is definitely the most shocking (yet satisfying) announcement of the year so far! I like Clarissa--I may pick it up eventually but it's not really a top priority so I can probably wait a year or two and see if there's a slow month and get it then.

But AYAOTD, Kenan and Kel, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, are mine day of release! I hope this Rewind Collection continues; it's a great idea.

#74 of 217 Anthony Wolfe

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 09:41 AM

It's funny, because I had this thread opened (but hadn't read it) and then checked TV Shows on DVD and saw the story and obviously put the thread and story together.

Anywho, this is awesome news, anyone who grew up or just enjoyed early 90's television will love this. 70's and 80's releases have been abundant, now it's time for us mid-80's early 90's kids to get a turn (beyond the Simpsons and the like), we have Fresh Prince, and Saved By The Bell mainly tiding us over, now with the anniuncement of Clarissa, I'm on cloud 9. Hopefully this will lead to 'Salute Your Shorts', 'Pete and Pete', '*chants* You Can't Do That On Television' and many others, Nick had so many awesome childhood shows and I would hesitate for a second to buy any of them, I know that whatever they release in this 'rewind' collection will be awesome man. This is great...plus Carolina plays Duke today...What a good day!

Wow, it's almost like a large part of your childhood culture (or lack there of, depending on how you look at it) coming alive and coming back. Some of these shows pack the fondest of memories (but that's obvious).

#75 of 217 Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 11:02 AM

As soon as I saw the news item I thought "can't wait for a Pete and Pete and Salute Your Shorts announcement." Hope those two are in the pipeline.
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#76 of 217 John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 01:42 PM

This is VERY exciting news! My sister and I loved Clarissa Explains it All in the early 90s. (I had a huge crush on Melissa Joan Hart) This is a must-buy for me, but I'm really hoping for seasons of Adventures of Pete & Pete, Salute Your Shorts, The Secret World of Alex Mack and others.

A more recent show, Caitlin's Way, would be cool on DVD, but I'm not sure how big the audience would be for that series...

I'd take Kenan & Kel and the early seasons of All That, though music clearances might be a problem for the latter. (I could do without the musical performances myself...)

I'm glad to see Paramount is finally doing something with the old Nickelodeon shows. Posted Image

#77 of 217 Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 02:14 PM

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! Let the rewinding begin!
Kyle McKnight

#78 of 217 Catrina

Catrina

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 02:15 PM

It was just annouced today that Clarissa Explains it all season 1 will hit DVD on May 17th! According to tvshowsondvd.com this will be the start of Nick's new Rewind Collection. If this item sells well hopefully we'll see Salute your shorts, You can't do that on television,are you afraid of the dark etc. in the near future.

#79 of 217 RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 02:36 PM

This is just the greatest news I could hear right now... If only Roundhouse would also be on the way. Posted Image

#80 of 217 Beau

Beau

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 03:57 PM

Great news! Though I won't be getting Clarissa Explains It All(maybe sometime, but I'm not right away at least), but I'm looking forward to anything/everything else. I'm hoping they'll do Pete and Pete next, one of my favorite shows of all time as a kid. I remember them doing a "Petestock '95" marathon. Wow, that was 10 years ago. This "Rewind Collection" will be bringing back some really great memories.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow