What's new

To get new Axioms or SVS Sub? (1 Viewer)

Tuan Vo

Stunt Coordinator
So I have been thinking about this for a while. I currently have a Bose Acoustimass 10 system. I was thinking of adding an SVS 20-39 PC+ to my setup. I was also considering replacing the entire bose setup with a new set of Axioms consisting of the M22Ti for the mains, the VP100 center, and the QS4 for the surrounds. Of course if I replace the Bose system then I'll be able to auction it off. Its just a question if the Bose should be kept longer or not. Any input would be great. Thanks.

Tuan Vo

Stunt Coordinator
So I have been thinking about this for a while. I currently have a Bose Acoustimass 10 system. I was thinking of adding an SVS 20-39 PC+ to my setup. I was also considering replacing the entire bose setup with a new set of Axioms consisting of the M22Ti for the mains, the VP100 center, and the QS4 for the surrounds. Of course if I replace the Bose system then I'll be able to auction it off. Its just a question if the Bose should be kept longer or not. Any input would be great. Thanks.

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
I think you will most notice the quality and clarity of the sound the Axioms would bring. I think it'll be such a big improvement that for the little bit till you could save up for a sub will be worth it.

Plus if you sell the Bose right off the bat, you know how much more you can put towards the new Sub.

You'll be impressed with both, but I think you'll really enjoy having the axiom speakers more (by themselves) than the sub with the bose setup.

All in all it's your call.

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
I think you will most notice the quality and clarity of the sound the Axioms would bring. I think it'll be such a big improvement that for the little bit till you could save up for a sub will be worth it.

Plus if you sell the Bose right off the bat, you know how much more you can put towards the new Sub.

You'll be impressed with both, but I think you'll really enjoy having the axiom speakers more (by themselves) than the sub with the bose setup.

All in all it's your call.

Sheldon C

Second Unit
I have two svs subs and axiom speakers. The subs are great, but you really need to get the speakers first especially if you listen to music at all.

Sheldon C

Second Unit
I have two svs subs and axiom speakers. The subs are great, but you really need to get the speakers first especially if you listen to music at all.

Ned

Supporting Actor
It's actually illegal to use Bose and SVS together. Just a heads up.

Ned

Supporting Actor
It's actually illegal to use Bose and SVS together. Just a heads up.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Also what receiver are you using?

But I agree with everyone in that getting the Axioms should be a great improvement.
Then just add a SVS at a later date.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Also what receiver are you using?

But I agree with everyone in that getting the Axioms should be a great improvement.
Then just add a SVS at a later date.

Tuan Vo

Stunt Coordinator
I have an old Pioneer Elite VSX-05. I believe its 100 watts x 5. It doesn't even have DTS, only Dolby Digital. It can only do 8 ohms and only the front channels can go down to 6 ohms. The reciever has more features but it'd be to lengthy to go through the list.

Tuan Vo

Stunt Coordinator
I have an old Pioneer Elite VSX-05. I believe its 100 watts x 5. It doesn't even have DTS, only Dolby Digital. It can only do 8 ohms and only the front channels can go down to 6 ohms. The reciever has more features but it'd be to lengthy to go through the list.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
I don't know which Axioms you are looking at but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the speakers alone have better bass response than the bose "bass module."

Then e-bay the acousti-mess and buy your sub with that money.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
I don't know which Axioms you are looking at but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the speakers alone have better bass response than the bose "bass module."

Then e-bay the acousti-mess and buy your sub with that money.

Tuan Vo

Stunt Coordinator
I stated which Axioms I wanted in the initial post. But yeah, I know the difference will be significant.

Tuan Vo

Stunt Coordinator
I stated which Axioms I wanted in the initial post. But yeah, I know the difference will be significant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks