Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Just received my Behringer Destroyer Pro...please help!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Michael_T_Jones

Michael_T_Jones

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted February 28 2001 - 11:13 AM

I just pulled the unit out of the box, thinking I would hook it right up to my HT equipment..... I was wrong!

I had bought a length of RCA cable to hook up between the sub/out on the Yamaha DSP-A1 to the input of the Behr. Pro.
Then the output on the Behr. Pro would feed into my Velodyne FSR15.

I know this is rather obvious, but...

There are NO RCA cable inputs on the Behr. Pro unit!
I don't know anything about "balanced/unbalanced input/outputs".

How am I going to hook this thing up? I have searched the forum and had no luck.

I have heard about getting "hum"(no jokes please Posted Image ). How do I avoid that?

I know I need to convert from RCA to one of the available inputs. Which is the correct one? Which is the better one?

I think I may have gotten in over my head, but I can figure it out if someone will steer me in the right direction.

Also, I ran a slow sine wave sweep (15hz-80hz @5sec. each frequency.)

I have a huge gap in the 55hz range. It peaks at around 92dbs at one point and down in the 74db range at 55hz. Should I bring all the peaks and flats down to the 55hz level, since I won't be able to bring that one up?

The average was around 80db.

Thanks for any advice/help!

Mike

#2 of 4 Timmy

Timmy

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted February 28 2001 - 11:49 AM

Accept the 55hz dip. Its a cancellation valley that can only be corrected by relocating your sub (which then just might cause a cancellatin dip at some other frequency).

Connections;
in the BFD maunal, there is a diagram showing how to wire unballanced cables (your RCA cables) to the BFD's 3 wire 1/4" ballanced phone jacks. It's page 27 in my manual

------------------

#3 of 4 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted February 28 2001 - 11:58 AM

Go to Radio Shack or Home Depot and get a 1/4" male mono connector to RCA female connector (it should be a 2" long convertor in total). They are about $1-$2. Plug the 1/4" male plug into the unbalanced input on the BFD (and connect the other end to the receiver's subwoofer output).

If you get hum, get a cheater plug for the power plug. It simply adapts your 3-prong plug into a 2-prong power plug. Home Depot has these for $1 each.

------------------
PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; Sunosub I + III ; DVDs ; LDs
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#4 of 4 Michael_T_Jones

Michael_T_Jones

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted February 28 2001 - 12:04 PM

I feel pretty stupid.

I didn't know it would be THAT simple.

Thanks to both of you!