What's new

'67 Spider-Man, initial thoughts (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well, I just sat down to watch some episodes from the upcoming Spider-Man show, and I'm VERY impressed.

The colors are bright and beautiful. The picture contains some slighty grain/noise in a few places, but it's very, very nice-looking. I'd say it's equal to, or better than, the Loony Tunes collection released last year.

Now, the thing people want to know: is it edited?
One of my friends purchased "The Best of Marvel Comics" - a BETA tape produced in 1982 - and transferred it to DVD so he could play it. I borrowed the DVD from him because it contained "Diamon Dust" on it. I have two players, so I set it up and put them in picture-in-picture so I could watch them both at the same time. Everything was intact, and the DVD was WAY better than the BETA tape. I also flipped back and forth between the two audio sources, and every music cue was intact, and from what I could tell all the sound effects were the same. So, to answer the question...if that episode is representative of the entire set, then it's not edited at all.

I'm recording an episode off digital cable in 20 minutes, so I'll try and do another comparison and report if there are any problems.

I'm VERY impressed with the quality of the set, though I've only watched 3 episodes. Oh, in case anyone was wondering, there aren't any chapters in the episodes :frowning: Giess it can't be perfect.

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well, I just sat down to watch some episodes from the upcoming Spider-Man show, and I'm VERY impressed.

The colors are bright and beautiful. The picture contains some slighty grain/noise in a few places, but it's very, very nice-looking. I'd say it's equal to, or better than, the Loony Tunes collection released last year.

Now, the thing people want to know: is it edited?
One of my friends purchased "The Best of Marvel Comics" - a BETA tape produced in 1982 - and transferred it to DVD so he could play it. I borrowed the DVD from him because it contained "Diamon Dust" on it. I have two players, so I set it up and put them in picture-in-picture so I could watch them both at the same time. Everything was intact, and the DVD was WAY better than the BETA tape. I also flipped back and forth between the two audio sources, and every music cue was intact, and from what I could tell all the sound effects were the same. So, to answer the question...if that episode is representative of the entire set, then it's not edited at all.

I'm recording an episode off digital cable in 20 minutes, so I'll try and do another comparison and report if there are any problems.

I'm VERY impressed with the quality of the set, though I've only watched 3 episodes. Oh, in case anyone was wondering, there aren't any chapters in the episodes :frowning: Giess it can't be perfect.

Gord

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Hey Good to hear the show is intact!

i've been wondering about this one- its a little sttep and i have to wonder if the show is any more compelling than just for its inherent nostalgia factor.
i don't think i've seen any of these since the late 70s so it would be a kick to see them again...but enough of a kick to merit the $50+ price tag?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Hey Good to hear the show is intact!

i've been wondering about this one- its a little sttep and i have to wonder if the show is any more compelling than just for its inherent nostalgia factor.
i don't think i've seen any of these since the late 70s so it would be a kick to see them again...but enough of a kick to merit the $50+ price tag?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I agree Paul - beyond the theme song the plain truth is this series was cheaply produced and does not bear up to being watched again.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I agree Paul - beyond the theme song the plain truth is this series was cheaply produced and does not bear up to being watched again.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
That's exactly what I thought until I started watching the set. It's not as cheesy as I remember it being.

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
That's exactly what I thought until I started watching the set. It's not as cheesy as I remember it being.

Gord

Mick Tees

Second Unit
so I guess we can put to rest any of the worries or questions some folks had about Aerosmith or somebody else re-doing that GREAT theme song!

We are just over a week away from the release!!!

I've been looking forward to this one for awhile. The last time I recall seeing it was as a second generation re-run in the mid to late 1970's.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
so I guess we can put to rest any of the worries or questions some folks had about Aerosmith or somebody else re-doing that GREAT theme song!

We are just over a week away from the release!!!

I've been looking forward to this one for awhile. The last time I recall seeing it was as a second generation re-run in the mid to late 1970's.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

maybe not to you, i will be watching this many times over.

gord what digital cable channel is showing this, uh show?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

maybe not to you, i will be watching this many times over.

gord what digital cable channel is showing this, uh show?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Dave is right. It's Teletoon in Canada.

The quality of the broadcast is nothing compared to the DVD.

Does anyone want to see some quick commparison shots between the DVD and the BETA episode I have?

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Dave is right. It's Teletoon in Canada.

The quality of the broadcast is nothing compared to the DVD.

Does anyone want to see some quick commparison shots between the DVD and the BETA episode I have?

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks