What's new

Newbie LspCAD Help (long) (1 Viewer)

Aaron D

Stunt Coordinator
I am jumping on the sonotube sub bandwagon sometime this summer (when I have time to pursue it fully), so I am spending my time until then researching my options. So far, I have decided to use the Tempest in a sonotube powered by the Adire AVA250.
I have downloaded the LspCad program from Adire, but I cannot seem to get reliable results (ones that I get everytime). I have read through the posts using a search, but so far, haven't found my answer.
The main problem is that when I select bass reflex, tempest, etc. in the program, I can't decide how to model the box- Frequency fit or table lookup. I have done both, including inputing 125W for power and parallel for VC hookup. When I do table lookup (SBB4 and Q of 7), it seems to work ok, but the port length seems too short (~20cm with 2 ports selected). When I use Freq Fit, the problem is only magnified (I even got down to 0.6cm!!).
What am I doing wrong?
Sorry for the remediation. :)
------------------
"Once you label me, you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard
"Those who see any difference between soul and body have neither." - Oscar Wilde
"We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Try a wider port.
------------------
Link Removed
I prefer to listen to my music in its Original Aspect Ratio: Stereo.

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
Forget alignments. Get up to speed on loading the necessary info in the room response, power, and config windows, then model for best tradeoff between ~flat response in-room to

Aaron D

Stunt Coordinator
Jack, thanks. I went to an 8" port and modeled using Freq Fit and the port length jumped to 60 cm, airspeed was

Scot Kight

Grip
Your output isnt quite right unfortunately, you are using 1watt as your baseline. Change the measurment settings to be your actual wattage expected to get a more realistic view of the airspeed.
Major differences.
Scot

Aaron D

Stunt Coordinator
Scot:
Crap, I forgot to change that!! When I did (to 125W into 8 ohms), the box size went to ~405 L.
By table lookup, though, box size dwindles to ~205 L. What's going on here?

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
dont use table lookup or any of the "automatic" stuff.
first off plug in the volume of the size box/tube YOU want and leave it there. for a tempest, try plugging in one 6" port and leave it. then plug in the amp power to the coils in the config you want. then plug in tuning of the box. now the tweaking can begin. i hope this helps.
------------------
*why build one when you can build two for twice the price*
jeff

Aaron D

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, thanks, that helps a lot. For some reason, I just couldn't put that together. I thought it was supposed to analyze and come up with a box automatically.
Time to play some more!!
Thanks for your help, I'll let you know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks