What's new

Specs for Aladdin Platinum Edition Annouced - Should we start emailing Disney now? (1 Viewer)

RollieNZ

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Rowley
I note that Disney has announced the specs for the upcoming Aladdin Platinum Edition.

Considering the appalling job Disney made of Beauty and the Beast with digital compression artifacts everywhere, maybe we should try and make sure that they don't make a complete mess of Aladdin?

What do you think?

Mark

RollieNZ

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Rowley
I note that Disney has announced the specs for the upcoming Aladdin Platinum Edition.

Considering the appalling job Disney made of Beauty and the Beast with digital compression artifacts everywhere, maybe we should try and make sure that they don't make a complete mess of Aladdin?

What do you think?

Mark

BryanV

Stunt Coordinator
But there have been many special editions since the Beauty and the Beast that garnered no complaints why would this next disc be a problem?

BryanV

Stunt Coordinator
But there have been many special editions since the Beauty and the Beast that garnered no complaints why would this next disc be a problem?

RollieNZ

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Rowley
Actually, I believe there has only been one other Platinum Edition DVD since Beauty and the Beast and that is The Lion King. Which was not universally acclaimed.

Will Aladdin be a problem? Maybe, .....maybe not.

My question was largely rhetorical anyway.

I was just very disappointed that Disney ruined a golden opportunity to produce a great DVD with Beauty and the Beast.

Aladdin is arguably one of the jewels in their animation crown and it would be a real shame if it turns out like Beauty and the Beast.

Mark

RollieNZ

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Rowley
Actually, I believe there has only been one other Platinum Edition DVD since Beauty and the Beast and that is The Lion King. Which was not universally acclaimed.

Will Aladdin be a problem? Maybe, .....maybe not.

My question was largely rhetorical anyway.

I was just very disappointed that Disney ruined a golden opportunity to produce a great DVD with Beauty and the Beast.

Aladdin is arguably one of the jewels in their animation crown and it would be a real shame if it turns out like Beauty and the Beast.

Mark

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Beauty & The Beast was unique in that they unwisely squeezed 3 different versions of the film onto one disc, causing all the artifacts. That situation doesn't exist here.

No point in getting all worked up over something that we can do nothing about (the work on the disc is probably finished at this point), and that likely won't be an issue anyway.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Beauty & The Beast was unique in that they unwisely squeezed 3 different versions of the film onto one disc, causing all the artifacts. That situation doesn't exist here.

No point in getting all worked up over something that we can do nothing about (the work on the disc is probably finished at this point), and that likely won't be an issue anyway.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
While not a Platinum Edition, there were also all the problems with "Brother Bear."

We just need to face facts. Disney cares about the money, not the presentation. They'll cut corners wherever necessary to squeeze an extra penny profit out of the product. A handful of rabid HT enthusiasts are of no consequence to them.

As long as Mom & Dad can plop Junior in front of the TV for 90 minutes and he doesn't complain, then it's "mission accomplished."

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
While not a Platinum Edition, there were also all the problems with "Brother Bear."

We just need to face facts. Disney cares about the money, not the presentation. They'll cut corners wherever necessary to squeeze an extra penny profit out of the product. A handful of rabid HT enthusiasts are of no consequence to them.

As long as Mom & Dad can plop Junior in front of the TV for 90 minutes and he doesn't complain, then it's "mission accomplished."

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Any chance of Disney restoring the original lyrics to "Arabian Nights"? You can read about it here.

Neil

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Any chance of Disney restoring the original lyrics to "Arabian Nights"? You can read about it here.

Neil

Ricard Casselha

Stunt Coordinator
Neil S. Bulk: I wouldn't bet on it. Since some think the lyrics are insulting to other cultures, I think that the chance of the lyrics being restored is quite slim.

Ricard Casselha

Stunt Coordinator
Neil S. Bulk: I wouldn't bet on it. Since some think the lyrics are insulting to other cultures, I think that the chance of the lyrics being restored is quite slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks