What's new

What was this TV show? (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
Maybe I imagined it, but I recall a show from the late 70's or early 80's for the life of me I can't remember what it was called.

It was a superhero show of sorts. I went like this: This dude got struck by lightning and became endowed with strength/powers, etc. The thing was, he had to recharge his body periodically in this big glass tube thing or he'd die(I think).

I don't think it lasted all that long and I sure as heck don't remember who was in it, if anyone notable.

Ring a bell with anyone?

Will K

Screenwriter
Maybe I imagined it, but I recall a show from the late 70's or early 80's for the life of me I can't remember what it was called.

It was a superhero show of sorts. I went like this: This dude got struck by lightning and became endowed with strength/powers, etc. The thing was, he had to recharge his body periodically in this big glass tube thing or he'd die(I think).

I don't think it lasted all that long and I sure as heck don't remember who was in it, if anyone notable.

Ring a bell with anyone?

Will K

Screenwriter
Thanks, but as I recall, I'm pretty sure this was a regular 1-hour show. I'm becoming convinced I'm the only one who every watched it!

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like you may be talking about "The Flash" TV series (1990)

I remember this show a little & it seems to me he did have to "recharge" himself after so long

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like you may be talking about "The Flash" TV series (1990)

I remember this show a little & it seems to me he did have to "recharge" himself after so long

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
There was no "recharging" in The Flash, which is also a decade or two too late to be the show Will is asking about.

Unfortunately I have no idea which show he is asking about. (Glass tube? That does not ring a bell. And I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one episode of every superhero show that aired in the U.S., including some really bad comedy/parody shows like Mr. Terrific. :))

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
There was no "recharging" in The Flash, which is also a decade or two too late to be the show Will is asking about.

Unfortunately I have no idea which show he is asking about. (Glass tube? That does not ring a bell. And I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one episode of every superhero show that aired in the U.S., including some really bad comedy/parody shows like Mr. Terrific. :))

Regards,

Joe

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I don't think it was Four on the Floor I watched the show when Comedfy Network in Canada reran them. Mr. Canouehead didn't need to recharge.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I don't think it was Four on the Floor I watched the show when Comedfy Network in Canada reran them. Mr. Canouehead didn't need to recharge.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Well I do remember this short lived show but I cannot tell you the name of it. He wore a wrist band to tell him how much energy he had left and if it went to 0 he would die.

Chuck

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor

That sounds like Gemini Man with Ben Murphy. But he became invisible. No super strength or powers like Will K is mentioning...

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
I remember the same thing as Chuck. The show he is talking about (that I remember) was definitely about a guy with electrical powers. He had a power meter on his watch.

Heck if I can remember the name, though.

RG

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
It wasn't Automan, was it? He was a hologram, but I recall that his appearance was limited and it might have been tracked via a wristwatch of sorts...

Scott Littlefield

Stunt Coordinator
I remember this! But I don't remember the name. Didn't he have the ability to shoot electric bolts out of his hands?

I'm pretty sure that Supertramp's "The Logical Song" was used in the original TV movie.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, see, that's what I was thinking.. the electrical character in "Misfits of Science" wore a wristband that, if all the way empty, he would die.. and in several episodes, it got "close" and they would load him in the back of a van for "emergency" care, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks