Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Company: My review

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   LanieParker

LanieParker

Supporting Actor

• 735 posts

Posted June 15 2004 - 03:25 AM

I rented this movie based on the rave reviews it recieved through Sundance and Indie. I'm often drawn into these types of movies that revolve around the dance or art world.

The dance sequences were amazing. I enjoyed watching them. Infact, it was all I enjoyed from this film. This movie which was supposed to be about the lives of dancers in the Joffrey ballet company was plotless, boring, slow moving and just dead. They never found a true focus to bring the whole movie together. If they had focused on one character and their interaction with the other members in the comnpany it may have faired better, but they left so much open and had too much going on with dancers you didn't get the chance to really know or care about.

My grade for this movie is F. The dance sequences get an A+.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   LanieParker

LanieParker

Supporting Actor

• 735 posts

Posted June 15 2004 - 03:25 AM

I rented this movie based on the rave reviews it recieved through Sundance and Indie. I'm often drawn into these types of movies that revolve around the dance or art world.

The dance sequences were amazing. I enjoyed watching them. Infact, it was all I enjoyed from this film. This movie which was supposed to be about the lives of dancers in the Joffrey ballet company was plotless, boring, slow moving and just dead. They never found a true focus to bring the whole movie together. If they had focused on one character and their interaction with the other members in the comnpany it may have faired better, but they left so much open and had too much going on with dancers you didn't get the chance to really know or care about.

My grade for this movie is F. The dance sequences get an A+.