What's new

recessed rptv (1 Viewer)

Sean Van Voorhe

Auditioning
Hi,

I am interested in recessing my RPTV in an extention I am adding to my house. I want to only have the screen showing. Has anyone done this and do you have pictures? I need some ideas how to do this so I can get my builder to incorporate it.

thanks

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
A couple of years back, someone here at HTF built one with his 65" Toshiba looking like a 65" plasma. He had a site too detailing construction and all. Sorry that I don't have that though....Maybe a search would turn up things?

Robert Meikle

Auditioning
I did that a few months ago. I also built recessed shelves on either side of the TV for my equipment. It turned out very well. I'm new here though, so I don't think I can post pics. If someone will give me an e-mail address, I'll send some pics.

I am VERY pleased with how the whole project came out.

Rob

Robert Meikle

Auditioning
I did that a few months ago. I also built recessed shelves on either side of the TV for my equipment. It turned out very well. I'm new here though, so I don't think I can post pics. If someone will give me an e-mail address, I'll send some pics.

I am VERY pleased with how the whole project came out.

Rob

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Brian beat me to the punch!;)

Here's a few pics though:

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions and have fun! :D

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Brian beat me to the punch!;)

Here's a few pics though:

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions and have fun! :D

Sean Van Voorhe

Auditioning
Guys,

Thanks. That is good stuff. Exactly what I was looking for. I will not have a closet to put the unit in but I will be doing something of the same nature.

Thanks for all the help...

Sean Van Voorhe

Auditioning
Guys,

Thanks. That is good stuff. Exactly what I was looking for. I will not have a closet to put the unit in but I will be doing something of the same nature.

Thanks for all the help...

BrianKR

Second Unit

I cant help that you're slipping Erik!;)

Sean,

Just build a false wall around your RPTV.
I built mine with 2 x 4's, hardboard and black fabric.

BrianKR

Second Unit

I cant help that you're slipping Erik!;)

Sean,

Just build a false wall around your RPTV.
I built mine with 2 x 4's, hardboard and black fabric.

BrianKR

Second Unit
Yahoo made some upgrades to their site.
I since have fixed the link.
Thx for the heads up though :)

JawhnM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jawhn MacCaine
I did something similar to my RPTV. Click my HT link to see pics.

JawhnM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jawhn MacCaine
I did something similar to my RPTV. Click my HT link to see pics.

Lyle_E

Stunt Coordinator
Now thats what I should have done... I might have to redo it and raise the screen up a little higher

I went a different route and built a pocket in the wall with cooling fans pulling air thru out the back...

See the link of my lil theater and another view prior to minor remodel

Now I did this on a minimum budget

Lyle_E

Stunt Coordinator
Now thats what I should have done... I might have to redo it and raise the screen up a little higher

I went a different route and built a pocket in the wall with cooling fans pulling air thru out the back...

See the link of my lil theater and another view prior to minor remodel

Now I did this on a minimum budget

Robert Meikle

Auditioning
I'd really like to show pictures of mine, it's very high on the "WAF." What I did is basically tear into a wall and build custom shelves that fit the TV and equipment. I didn't use expensive materials, and I certainly don't have any expert skills, but it turned out really nice. I love it, and so does my wife.

If anyone would be willing to host a couple pictures for me, let me know and I'll e-mail them so you can see.

Rob

Robert Meikle

Auditioning
I'd really like to show pictures of mine, it's very high on the "WAF." What I did is basically tear into a wall and build custom shelves that fit the TV and equipment. I didn't use expensive materials, and I certainly don't have any expert skills, but it turned out really nice. I love it, and so does my wife.

If anyone would be willing to host a couple pictures for me, let me know and I'll e-mail them so you can see.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks