What's new

New 3-disc Ultimate Edition of "Hero" (1 Viewer)

Runar_R

Second Unit
There's a new korean UE-edition coming out. As far as I can see it's NOT the longer verion, but other than that I can't seem to find out what's on the two extra discs. At first I thought it was a port of the Japanese version, but that only had two discs. This version is also listed as having DTS-ES, while I believe the japanese version only had DTS (?)

Anyway, here's a picture

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator
Basically it's available for preorder on all the Korean DVD/CD sites, e.g. koreandvds.com

I can read the text on the discs on the above picture:

Disc 1: Main Feature
Disc 2: Supplements
Disc 3: Documentary*

*I assume that it's The Cause documentary.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
You can all thank me for this release. By buying a current release 2 weeks ago, I virtually ensured the release of a newer, better version. ;)

-Dave

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
You can all thank me for this release. By buying a current release 2 weeks ago, I virtually ensured the release of a newer, better version. ;)

-Dave

Runar_R

Second Unit
All together now:

THANK YOU DAVE!
;)

Now, be sure to buy this version as well to ensure that they release the longer version

Runar_R

Second Unit
All together now:

THANK YOU DAVE!
;)

Now, be sure to buy this version as well to ensure that they release the longer version

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
It is single layer so I seriously doubt whether it will improve upon the Japanese Elite Region 2 version compared HERE.

Probably won't even be better than the dual layered Edco (HK).

Cheers,

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
It is single layer so I seriously doubt whether it will improve upon the Japanese Elite Region 2 version compared HERE.

Probably won't even be better than the dual layered Edco (HK).

Cheers,

Njal

Grip

No, it's not. It's dual layer, 6.41GB to be exact (still, less than the Japanese release at 7.16GB).
The Japanese release still looks the best of the three I have, though (EDCO R3HK, Japanese Ltd Box set, R3K Ultimate Edition).

Screencaps at my webspace. Please note that some images could be spoilers.
The caps were taken with ATI DVD9.1, and are as close as possible to where the DVD Beaver caps are from in the comparision GT linked to.

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Njål!

Yes, I figured the online e-tailor was wrong about the single layer, but glad you can confirm that the Region 2 Japan is superior, as we expected.

By the way, the admins are going to give you heck for posting those large caps to this thread. If you can try to make them less than 600 wide.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks