What's new

Euro 2004 (1 Viewer)

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
What an amazing game; France versus England. Beckham missing a penalty kick, Zidane delivers two killer blows in the dying minutes of the match.

The dejected faces of the English supporters told the whole story. Most were just sitting there well after the game like stunned mullets, looking lost and wondering what had happened. France: 2 - England: 1. Expressions of the English football supports after the game = PRICELESS :)

While you could also feel for the England team and their supporters for the loss, I just thought that the whole situation was very comical and you just had to laugh it off. I mean, the English supporters were overly confident that the game was theirs and truly over with five minutes to go as they sang their hearts out with their rendition of 'God Save the Queen'. Then there were shots of the French supporters with their heads hanging in extreme disappointment in anticipation of defeat. Now if the match had ended on that note in the 88th minute it would have capped an amazing strategic victory for England but as things developed towards the added stoppage time you just had to laugh at the turn of events to make sense of the situation. It was dramatic, it was devastating, it was thrilling, it was emotional, it was a great game of football.

Lesson to be learnt from that game: Do not sing your victory song until the 'Fat Lady' sings hers first. ;):)

DrewSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Wouldnt say God Save the Queen is our Victory song. Just national pride, and so much Football passion. While Im devastated at the loss, another reason Why Football is the worlds greatest game.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i've watched about 5 games so far
the england/france game was a thrilling conclusion

I was very very surprised by the italy/denamrk game today. a number of good chances for each side however denmark definitely deserved better.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Ermm ... actually, it is, sort of. The National Anthem started out as a patriotic hymn but got extra verses added expressing a desire that England would crush the rebellious Scots.

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
Hot damn what a game!

Sweden beat Bulgaria 5-0 with two absolutely spectacular goals by Henrik Larsson. We couldn't have asked for a better start in the tournament!

Jonathan White

Stunt Coordinator
Great result for Sweden today, Bulgaria didn't look too bad either and they got beat 5 - 0!!!! Also a good result for me as Larsson is in my dream team. :emoji_thumbsup:

Still gutted about last night though and now it looks like Scholes will be out for the game on Thursday.

I still can't believe Sven subbed Rooney for that streak of piss Heskey. Quite possibly the worst footballer in the tournament. Rooney was outstanding and had the French petrified.

Do you think Terry should come back in the team?

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldnt say we was over confident, England just has so much passion for football its unbelieveable. I can't find nothing comical about it at all, never felt so gutted before. We can still do it though, I hope we have France in the final, it should of been 1-0.

Im not sure if Terry should be played, good player but King did a smashing job.

Rooney, Keep it up son. He has got passion and strength.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Hmmm, all the ManYoo fans were saying, "now we know how Bayern fans felt in '99". Not quite the same though, Bayern lost the final, England can still progress provided they don't go completely tits up and beat the Swiss and the Croats, which they should. But who knows, especially with that useless waste of space Heskey playing...

Jonathan White

Stunt Coordinator

In the UK the games are broadcast on BBC, ITV and I think Eurosport.

Well it looks certain that King will be replaced by Terry and Butt has knackered his knee in training and is being sent home.

So if Scholes is not declared fit it looks like Hargreaves will replace him.

Germany v Holland tonight can't wait.

DrewSmith

Stunt Coordinator
I also would like king to continue in the side. He was quite a bit more than I expected. I'm a little nervous but am confident England can still make it through.

Games here in the US are on PPV Direct TV for me anyways.

RULE BRITANIA

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
It looks like the games are on PPV for $19.95 a pop, $25 for the quarter-finals and up, or $180 for the whole thing. I have a German friend who is desperately trying to look for a bar that is playing the games here in Philly, especially today's game, but he isn't having any luck. I didn't see this thread last night, when I posted this one about my buddy. I feel bad for him now, he got off the phone with some family that is still over there, and it sounds like they were all partying getting ready to watch the game.

DrewSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Dark Horse Philadelphia
421 South Second Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147
Phone: +1(215)928-9307

darkhorsepub.com

not sure if this is near your buddy or not.

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
Yeah, it was a good game but hot damn! Did you see the woman supporters at that game? There were some really attractive Swedish & Bulgarian female fans.

Germany vs Holland should be a scorcher of a game.

DrewSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Fado Irish Pub
1500 Locust Street
(215) 893-9700

O'Neal's Pub
Third and South Streets
(215) 574-9495

couple more

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
You da man Drew. Oddly enough, all 3 bars are about 1 mile from each other. Where did you get that info from?

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
You da man Drew. Oddly enough, all 3 bars are about 1 mile from each other. Where did you get that info from?

DrewSmith

Stunt Coordinator
you are more than welcome, I know being a Brit in the US, not that most American s would understand, when traveling I need to know my places to have a fine Tetly's beer and some EPL Football. :)

COME ON ENGLAND

couple more

Tir Na Nog Irish Bar & Grill
1600 Arch St
Philadelphia
267-514-1700

The Blarney South
328 South St

Another list

http://www.foxsportsworld.com/conten...ntentId=802702

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks