What's new

Six Feet Under 4.01 - Falling Into Place (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Will we find out what happened to Lisa last year?

How are David and Keith handling their new attempt at love?

Are Ruth and George doing well?

Will Claire find a relationship that doesn't leave her feeling empty and ultimately lost...?

How is Nate handling his life... and what's gonna happen with him and Brenda? (If anything...)

Are we going to get some kind of weird triangle with Nate, Brenda, and the neighbor?

Will this be the final season? (FOUND THE ANSWER) HBO already has greenlit season five of the series, which will go back into production next fall for a 2005 premiere. thanks to www.zap2it.com

I'm not sure they'll all be answered in tonight's episode, but I'll be watching.

There's a new family order at the Fisher & Diaz funeral home. Although one spouse is gone, another has moved in, ushering in changes for better and worse. For Nate, Ruth, David and Claire, every day above ground is a good one. Death and dysfunction are only the beginning on the Season Four premiere of Six Feet Under! (www.hbo.com)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm interested to see how much "real" time will have passed between seasons. Also interested in how the Mena Suvari character will play out.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Wow-very surprised that they picked up right where last season left off, considering the amount of time that elapsed between S2 and S3.

Not bad-felt a lot like closure on S3. I just hope there isn't some custody battle over Mya-that would be too pedestrian.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I doubt that'll happen. It doesn't seem like the route they're going to be taking.

Keith's line about eating the cake for 12 months was funny.

It felt like it was not only closure to season 3, but a new beginning to this season.

I think, not counting the pilot, it was the best season opener they've had. Seasons 2 and 3 both have mediocre beginnings as I remember. This one shows that the show still has a lot more potential. :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I too was surprised at how little time had passed between seasons. During the credits, I turned to my friend (who just finished watching the first three seasons last week) and said "Remember, a lot of time may have passed between the last episode..." Boy, did I look like a moron :)

Definitely a solid opener. I was glad to see Ben Foster back...I hope he can hang around a little more this season. The stuff with Lisa's body was just depressing. Peter Krause is just so damn good at playing depressed.

I was cracking up when Keith was watching Christopher Lowell :)

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
I thought the integration of the opening death sequence into the story was very clever. I wasn't sure where they were going with that, but the conceit was worked-in seamlessly.

I suppose the circumstances surrounding Lisa's death are meant to be equivocal. Was she murdered? Was it an accident? An act of volition? I lean toward the latter, because of the ominous remarks she made leading up to her disappearance. Too, I like to think that the writers were alluding to Kate Chopin's The Awakening , wherein the story's protagonist commits suicide by drowning herself. Even though Lisa seemed inexorably upbeat (the perfect foil for dour Nate), such a choice would not be unusual for her character. I'm glad Nate honored her wishes in the end. It was an act of partial absolution and the least he could do.

Great episode. It's like the show never went on hiatus.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I liked the opening but I hope they paint a bit of a brighter future for Nate this season. Like Claire, I am growing a bit weary of the seamingless endless chasm into which he's falling.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

I also think that this is setting up a problem in a future episode, where she is discovered and identified. After all we have two or three clues: it was clearly stated to be illegal to bury her in this fashion, her mother is fanatical about her daughter’s disposal and (in the spirit of putting a gun on the table in the first act), we saw her jawbone (used to identify the remains) deliberately and specifically put in the body bag.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't know...I think the writers are smarter than to bring that all back up. I think that's the last we'll hear about it (at least I would hope).

John_VI

Second Unit
I agree, Scott. I seriously doubt that the writers would dredge up an old story line like that. THAT would make the show seem very pedestrian, almost soap opera-like. I think it would be much better to have Lisa appear in a future episode, thanking Nate for honoring her wishes regarding burial.

I would not be surprised to see a custody battle, though.

Man, is Rico obssessed with that stripper or what! He finally gets his SIL out of his house, is seeing a pathway back to happiness with his wife, is obviously VERY guilty about getting the BJ from the stripper....and he STILL drives by the strip club, only to see her hanging out by the front door. He's got some serious issues, and I can see the writers really developing that story line this season.

I'm getting really tired of the whole Keith/David thing. I wish that they would just move on. They obviously care deeply for each other, but it's just as obvious to me that they have no business being together.

Perhaps Brenda realized that Nate is not the guy for her, and has decided to take up with the neighbor. And now Nate will be insanely pursuing her!! Perhaps that will be the catalyst for the looming custody battle with Lisa's family.

Great start for season 4. I love this show.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I enjoyed the episode as well.

The opening scene was great and had a very spooky feel to it, but I never knew anyone who jumped off the top of a building while on acid. That dude had to be tripping balls.

My lol moment was seeing the look on Rico's face when his "SIL" flipped out at the table. He just smiled.

And a very powerful ending, too. I hope Nate can get a grip on things. (And I hope his battery didn't die after his lights were left on for hours and hours too.)

Mena Suvari is so hot! I can't wait to see her in SFU.

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I think I just got it. Were the ashes used in the end to substitute for Lisa, the ashes of the kid that jumped off the roof in the beginning, that had been on a shelf all these years?

Jodee

Screenwriter
I remembered back to a previous episode, when David & Nate were in the basement and they showed the shelf that contained all the ashes of people who had never been picked up and one of them commented on it. I thought it was cool how they worked that into the storyline.

I assumed that David knew what Nate did? Since he asked Nate on the porch if he was going and then David was the one who cleaned up downstairs.

John_VI

Second Unit
Jodee - Yeah, I initially asked that question of myself as well. I thought David might be referring to a ceremony in Idaho, but I came to the realization that David was in on Nate's plans when I saw him brushing the residual ashes into the trash. Then reading the name on the ash canister made the whole beginning of the episode come into focus. Did you notice at the beginning that Bruno (the kid who died at the beginning of the episode) died in 1972? My wife and I did, and we both wondered aloud, "I wonder how they're going to work that into the episode?" Very cool.

My LOL moment was when Rico was confessing to the priest, and actually told the priest the name of the strip club. The priest looked confused and mumbled, "I'm...not really...familiar with the place." The priest thought he knew Rico, but Rico brushed him off. That might come back to bite Rico if the priest actually DOES know him....and Vanessa!

What role is Mena Suvari going to have?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

That was classic. He just sat there and kept quiet with a little smirk :)

I hope they don't bring up Lisa's dead body again, but I did give it a thought when Nate was spreading the dirt over the grave.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

Yes, I did and I told my wife that that explained why the fashions and hairstyles looked so dated during the opening sequence. I suspected Nate was going to do something when he said he would go by himself with Lisa's body.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks