What's new

Anyone remember Fox's WEREWOLF? (1 Viewer)

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Anyone remember one of Fox's original TV series, Werewolf. Stared some soap opera star as the lead -- I absolutely loved this series. Picture the Incredible Hulk with a werewolf instead of the Hulk. Also starred Chuck Conners.

I would love a DVD of this -- or even a VHS copy of the episodes if anyone has them (cough/cough) :).

For it's time, I remember it's effects rivaling American Werewolf in London and easily beat the Howling.

Doug

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The one with the bleeding pentagram in they guy's palm just before he changed, right?

I remember it. What are some of the other Fox forgotten shows of that era? For example, "Women in Prison"

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I loved Werewolf when it was on.... I would love to see this show released... it is one I would defiitely buy as soon as it came out. It seemed to become one of those rare treasures... I been looking for them somehow for years but can't seem to find them anywhere.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I believe this show was one of those listed in a poll of tv releases by Fox. So at least someone from the studio is at least thinking about it.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Yeah, the bleeding pentagram one. I just remember how great the effects were. The werewolf looked awesome (although not near as cool as the Chuck Conners one, which I won't spoil in case you haven't seen it). I remember watching this as a teen and thinking, "Damn this is really sweet!" I'm actually surprised it made the air when you think about it. This show was pretty gory. Alas, it didn't last very long.

Doug

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
"What are some of the other Fox forgotten shows of that era? For example, "Women in Prison""

Another original Fox show, "Mr. President" with George C. Scott which suffered the indignity of drawing the lowest rating in the history of network primetime television prior to the XFL.

Ed_City

Agent
I have the pilot and a handful of episodes of WEREWOLF, and can safely say it holds up well and would make a great DVD release (although it has a lot of contemporary music in it, that could be a problem).

Another great short-lived FOX series from the same time period was THE ALL-NEW ADVENTURES OF BEANS BAXTER.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Chuck Connors' character was just killed off I think, since he didn't die until 1992, well after that show ended.

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
Bean baxter ruled.

Mathhew perry and Matt LeBlanc had 2 shows that were preety good. I remember really liking LeBlanch in his show.

Anyone recall the show where it was a half-black, half-white brady bunch clan? that kicked booty.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Do you guys remember 'Stand by your man', it came on after 'Married with children'. I had a brief run, I think Rosie Odonell was on it, the premise was to women who's husbands went to jain for something I can't remember.

But I do remember that werewolf show, it scared the crap outta me as a kid.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Wow, some of there are very obscure. Some, I cannot even find on Jump the Shark even though some did run for a season or so.

Ed_City

Agent

That is a mistake on epguides.com

The pilot was a 120 min TV movie, which was then split into 4 x 30 min episodes (30 minutes was the standard length of WEREWOLF episodes... which is good because it cuts to the chase, no INCREDIBLE HULK-style bloated stories).

The first 10 minutes of the pilot features both Mike and The Mechanics "Silent Running (Can you hear Me)" and Timbuk 3 "Future's So Bright (I gotta wear shades)", so I think music rights would definately be an issue for this release.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

With their subsequent success. I highly doubt we will get the rights for this song cheap."

:D

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
Ray Gootz wrote in Post #11:

Matthew Perry starred in Second Chance as the kid who received advice from his future self (sent back to Earth from the Pearly Gates after being deemed not good enough for heaven, but not bad enough for hell). The series spawned a sequel, Boys Will Be Boys (also starring Perry), which was more or less your basic guy comedy. Both series were pretty lame with occasional bits of hilarity.

Imagine a watered-down Chandler from Friends and you essentially have Perry's character from both shows.

I haven't a clue as to what series Matt LeBlanc appeared in.

De

WillG

Senior HTF Member

"Top of the Heap" It was a loose spinoff of Married with Children. It did not last very long.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
I actually have some partial episodes of "Top of the Heap" along with reinvented "Vinnie and Bobby" as well as "Second Chance" and first episode of "Beans Baxter". Heck, I even have some old "Tracy Ulman" and "It's Garry Shandling show", and "Duet", wait was this on Fox?

Foxy the "FOX" is at it again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks