-

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone remember Fox's WEREWOLF?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 of 36 Doug Miller

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor

• 712 posts

Posted June 12 2004 - 04:12 PM

Anyone remember one of Fox's original TV series, Werewolf. Stared some soap opera star as the lead -- I absolutely loved this series. Picture the Incredible Hulk with a werewolf instead of the Hulk. Also starred Chuck Conners.

I would love a DVD of this -- or even a VHS copy of the episodes if anyone has them (cough/cough) Posted Image.

For it's time, I remember it's effects rivaling American Werewolf in London and easily beat the Howling.

Doug

#2 of 36 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,218 posts

Posted June 12 2004 - 04:42 PM

The one with the bleeding pentagram in they guy's palm just before he changed, right?

I remember it. What are some of the other Fox forgotten shows of that era? For example, "Women in Prison"
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#3 of 36 Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted June 12 2004 - 11:47 PM

I loved Werewolf when it was on.... I would love to see this show released... it is one I would defiitely buy as soon as it came out. It seemed to become one of those rare treasures... I been looking for them somehow for years but can't seem to find them anywhere.

#4 of 36 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,877 posts

Posted June 13 2004 - 02:50 AM

I believe this show was one of those listed in a poll of tv releases by Fox. So at least someone from the studio is at least thinking about it.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#5 of 36 Doug Miller

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor

• 712 posts

Posted June 13 2004 - 03:21 AM

Yeah, the bleeding pentagram one. I just remember how great the effects were. The werewolf looked awesome (although not near as cool as the Chuck Conners one, which I won't spoil in case you haven't seen it). I remember watching this as a teen and thinking, "Damn this is really sweet!" I'm actually surprised it made the air when you think about it. This show was pretty gory. Alas, it didn't last very long.

Doug

#6 of 36 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted June 13 2004 - 06:31 AM

I remember this show very well.....I would love to see this one come out on DVD as a one-shot boxset. I was certainly upset to see this one cancelled so quickly.

I recall that the Chuck Connors died partway through the season so they had to replace his character with an even badder werewolf played by Brian Thompson (shape-shifter in X-Files). Hard to believe that I still recall this since I haven't seen the show since it last originally aired.
Recently watched- Lost: Season 2, Dracula(1979), Lost: Season 1, True Grit(2010), Tales From The Crypt: Season 1, 300: Rise Of An Empire 3D, Noah, Sin City, Phantom Of The Paradise, 300, The Final Terror, Willow, The Bank Job, One Hour Photo, Gone Baby Gone, Horrible Bosses, Buried

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3, Lost: Season 3, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, The Walking Dead: Season 4

"Namaste...and good luck'."

#7 of 36 Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter

• 1,167 posts

Posted June 13 2004 - 10:17 AM

"What are some of the other Fox forgotten shows of that era? For example, "Women in Prison""

Another original Fox show, "Mr. President" with George C. Scott which suffered the indignity of drawing the lowest rating in the history of network primetime television prior to the XFL.

#8 of 36 Ed_City

Ed_City

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted June 13 2004 - 10:29 AM

I have the pilot and a handful of episodes of WEREWOLF, and can safely say it holds up well and would make a great DVD release (although it has a lot of contemporary music in it, that could be a problem).

Another great short-lived FOX series from the same time period was THE ALL-NEW ADVENTURES OF BEANS BAXTER.

#9 of 36 Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter

• 1,167 posts

Posted June 13 2004 - 10:45 AM

Chuck Connors' character was just killed off I think, since he didn't die until 1992, well after that show ended.

#10 of 36 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted June 13 2004 - 12:13 PM

Quote:
Chuck Connors' character was just killed off I think, since he didn't die until 1992

Hmmm....so he did. I should've checked imdb first. Funny how time screws with the memories.:b
Recently watched- Lost: Season 2, Dracula(1979), Lost: Season 1, True Grit(2010), Tales From The Crypt: Season 1, 300: Rise Of An Empire 3D, Noah, Sin City, Phantom Of The Paradise, 300, The Final Terror, Willow, The Bank Job, One Hour Photo, Gone Baby Gone, Horrible Bosses, Buried

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3, Lost: Season 3, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, The Walking Dead: Season 4

"Namaste...and good luck'."

#11 of 36 Ray_Gootz

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator

• 201 posts

Posted June 13 2004 - 03:51 PM

Bean baxter ruled.

Mathhew perry and Matt LeBlanc had 2 shows that were preety good. I remember really liking LeBlanch in his show.

Anyone recall the show where it was a half-black, half-white brady bunch clan? that kicked booty.

#12 of 36 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,218 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 01:10 AM

Quote:
Anyone recall the show where it was a half-black, half-white brady bunch clan? that kicked booty.

I believe that was "True Colors"

#13 of 36 LaMarcus

LaMarcus

Screenwriter

• 1,620 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 01:31 AM

Do you guys remember 'Stand by your man', it came on after 'Married with children'. I had a brief run, I think Rosie Odonell was on it, the premise was to women who's husbands went to jain for something I can't remember.

But I do remember that werewolf show, it scared the crap outta me as a kid.

#14 of 36 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 03:19 AM

Damn, I *DO* remember "Stand By Your Man"! Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#15 of 36 John KB

John KB

Second Unit

• 254 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 03:51 AM

Ed City which pilot do you have? Supposedly there was 4 of them.

#16 of 36 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,218 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 05:54 AM

Wow, some of there are very obscure. Some, I cannot even find on Jump the Shark even though some did run for a season or so.

#17 of 36 Ed_City

Ed_City

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 07:01 AM

Ed City which pilot do you have? Supposedly there was 4 of them.

That is a mistake on epguides.com

The pilot was a 120 min TV movie, which was then split into 4 x 30 min episodes (30 minutes was the standard length of WEREWOLF episodes... which is good because it cuts to the chase, no INCREDIBLE HULK-style bloated stories).

The first 10 minutes of the pilot features both Mike and The Mechanics "Silent Running (Can you hear Me)" and Timbuk 3 "Future's So Bright (I gotta wear shades)", so I think music rights would definately be an issue for this release.

#18 of 36 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,877 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 08:26 AM

Quote:
Timbuk 3 "Future's So Bright (I gotta wear shades)", so I think music rights would definately be an issue for this release.

With their subsequent success. I highly doubt we will get the rights for this song cheap."

Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#19 of 36 Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor

• 992 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 09:11 AM

Wasn't Joan Rivers given a late-night talk show on Fox's first season? Or am I thinking of a different network?

#20 of 36 Dewitte

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator

• 173 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 02:49 PM

Ray Gootz wrote in Post #11:
Quote:
Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc had 2 shows that were pretty good. I remember really liking LeBlanc in his show.

Matthew Perry starred in Second Chance as the kid who received advice from his future self (sent back to Earth from the Pearly Gates after being deemed not good enough for heaven, but not bad enough for hell). The series spawned a sequel, Boys Will Be Boys (also starring Perry), which was more or less your basic guy comedy. Both series were pretty lame with occasional bits of hilarity.

Imagine a watered-down Chandler from Friends and you essentially have Perry's character from both shows.

I haven't a clue as to what series Matt LeBlanc appeared in.

De
Retroactive Continuity - Yet another source of nuttiness on the Web!

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow