What's new

Criterion's M is now oop (1 Viewer)

Michael Bailey

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this on the Criterion web site but had not heard about it before. I also did a search in this forum and did not find anything. There are copies are still available online. Does anyone know something else about this?

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
The restoration has been out for awhile now in Europe and its a marked improvement over that old laserdisc transfer that Criterion was selling.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the tip. Got to ensure you have all the OOP #s so that you can complete the collection. :D

I sold off this and a bunch of others a few years ago to buy a HDTV, but I do eventually plan to reassemble the collection in the future. The good ole days netted Salo for stashed backup copies of 14.99 Little Shop of Horrors and 23.99 Hard Boiled. The Killer was available for a 23.99 Spinal Tap.

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
Will the spine number remain the same? I.e., can I go ahead and sell my not-so-good-looking copy of Criterion's first edition?

S

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I believe the new Charade and Beauty And The Beast discs both retained their original spine number, so that's a pretty good indication.

Derek_McL

Second Unit
No need to wait for Criterion Oscar. There is apparently an excellent edition from Eureka in the UK though I haven't bought it yet its got excellent reviews around the web, try DVD Times here http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=5507. This is probably the restored version Criterion are releasing later in the year. Eureka used to be a bit of a hit and miss company but they have really been doing great things for fans of the silents/ early talkies in the last year. I've got their edition of Sunrise which has wonderful menus and I also love their edition of Murnau's Faust (a great film if you like Sunrise). I'm hoping to get The Last Laugh and Dr Mabuse the Gambler (more complete than the Region 1)soon too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks