Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Digital artifacting on "Iron Eagle"....?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Vader

Vader

Supporting Actor

• 796 posts

Posted June 10 2004 - 11:19 PM

I just barely got a WS copy of "Iron Eagle" (1986) before the invasion of the foolscreen version is complete, and watched it last night. I noticed significant digital artifacting throughout the presentation, most notably during the flight scenes (ex. the opening sequence when Col. Masters is shot down). I am assuming that it is a consequence of being an early Columbia title, and that they are compression artifacts. But, I have noticed this on a few other titles as well (albeit not nearly as bad), so I am wondering whether my video calibration is off (a full ISF calbration is not in the budget ... YET). I am watching on a Mitsu 65511, via a Denon DVD-1600P player (in progressive). Could anyone else with this title comment? Thanx!

Peace... Derek
Peace... Derek

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them.

Louvre attendant: Sacre bleu! ze frame on ze Mona Lisa broke and ze only one left iz too small. Andre, bring me ze scissors!