Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

DIY speaker mount??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Ashen

Ashen

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted February 12 2001 - 02:53 AM

Hey guys,
The construction continues.. Im now trying to figure out if my center speaker will be better off mounted to the ceeling or on an adjustable stand near the floor in front of the movie screen. I have noticed that some of the members here have them mounted to the ceeling with a projector like ceeling mount. I am wondering if there is a way to do this with a definitive c/l/r 2500. Its an active speaker with a built in 150W sub. It weighes about 40lbs(maybe more) and is just a big rectangle. It may be about 32x25x10..Im totally guessing there though. I dont have the thing in front of me at the moment. So anyway. what do you guys suggest for placement, and method of mounting? Any good floor mounts that have adjustable aiming? Any good ceeling mount suggestions, or DIY projects?
Id appreciate any help!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Dustin Haug

Dustin Haug

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted February 12 2001 - 07:45 AM

Since it has a powered sub and is fairly heavy I'd suggest not mounting on the ceiling. Between the vibration and overall weight physically it would be pretty tough to pull off. Acoustically it might be tough to get all of your subs (assuming you have more than one since your center has one) to interact properly with one of them mounted up at the ceiling and the others on the floor. It's hard enough to when they're all on the same plane.

You may want to just make a free-standing stand for it. I'm pretty sure you could make a nice solid one for a lot less than you could buy one, they tend to be pretty expensive. If you're making one yourself you could probably do a "flexy" type or you could have pegs or something to make the angle the speaker fires adjustable.

------------------
My DIY sub page

My DIY sub page

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   MattBu

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator

• 186 posts

Posted December 18 2003 - 04:15 PM

Is there a cheap DIY projector mount that's based on a speaker mount? Im looking to mount an X1 on the CHEAP (Sub $20)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users