What's new

Anyone seen the movie "Clue?" (1 Viewer)

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone seen this? I just got done watching it and I thought it was great. I was so shocked by how entertaining it was. And on the dvd, you can watch it and it has three random endings of possible people who did the crime.

What did others think?

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
It's been a while since I've seen it but I remember thinking it was fun. Liked Tim Curry a lot. My favorite movie in that "genre" is still Murder by Death but Clue is pretty good :)

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Actually Andy, you bring up a good point. What are some good "Whodunits" out there like this movie, or say a film like "Death on the Nile?"

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
Altman's "Gosford Park" was a really good "whodunit" in the Agatha Christie vein.

As for "Clue"; I remember liking it a lot more than I thought I would but it's been years.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Definitely an enjoyable movie. Not a great one, but some great entertainment for the 90 or so minutes it runs (if memory serves me correctly). Hell, with Tim Curry, Christopher Lloyd, and the always-hilarious Madeline Kahn, how can you go wrong?

George See

Second Unit
This movie is a red herring. :)

I should pick this up on DVD one of these days I have fond memories of this one.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

The movie that most closely resembles Clue, for me at least, is "Murder By Death". Course, it pokes fun at classic mystery detectives, and doesn't make a bit of sense, but it is a hell of a lot of fun.

Jason

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I absolutely love Clue. I could probably recite the entire movie alongside it.

Mr. Green = comic gold

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
The only thing I remember about that movie is Colleen Camp in the maid's outfit! Hey, I was younger back then.:D

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
[Madeline Kahn]
Yes, I did it.
I killed Yvette.
I hated her...so...much...I-It-It--flame--flames...on the side of my face...
[/Madelin Kahn]
I absolutely love this silly, stupid movie. Everytime somebody says "To make a long story short..." my wife and I both have to say...very loudly..."Too late!"

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
I consider Clue a classic. It's one of my all time favorite comedies. I can watch it straight through every single time it comes on HBO, or some other cable channel, and still find every joke funny as if it's the first time I've heard it.

And it's a movie based on a frickin' board game too!

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I've never understood the hate some people have for this movie. It's a great witty film and somehow pulls off physical and verbal jokes that would have been groan-inducing in other films. I mean there are so many classic comedic moments:

The results of the cook hitting the gong!!

Mrs. White: I'm afraid he was always a rather stupidly optimistic man. I'm afraid it came as a great shock to him when he died, but he was found dead at home, his head had been cut off, and so had his . . . ummm . . . well you know . . .

Wadsworth: Maybe she was poisoned!!
Mrs. Peacock: Aaaaaahhhh!!! Waaaaahhhhhh!!!!

The previously mentioned Mrs. White scene about Yvette.

I adore this film.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
it's probably not the best movie i've seen, but certainly one of the most fun. good comic performances all around.

CJ

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Good lord... haven't seen this in YEARS. Didn't even know it was on DVD! (I assume it's available in R1?)

Curry was priceless in this one...

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yes, Madeline Kahn was a riot in this film. Just saw her in High Anxiety a few days ago, she was a funny, funny lady.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
To make a long story short: Excellent, excellent film. Never get tired of it :D

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
"It was a case of life after death. After he died, I got a life."

Was there ever a movie Madeline Kahn WASN'T great in? She was even good enough to get an Oscar nomination for playing a $20 whore in a Mel Brooks movie, that says it all. She was brilliant.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
I LOVE Clue! One my favorite "go-to" movies when I just want to kickback and watch something extremely enjoyable.

Too many funny lines to mention, as well. Most already quoted.

"Another door?!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks