What's new

Deep Discount DVD 20% off again!!!!! (1 Viewer)

willyh

Agent
I setup an order, but now I cannot find the page that allows me to enter the coupon code. How did you enter the code? Thanks

Cary T

Screenwriter
It's on the "Shopping Cart" page.

I've been saving up my Criterion purchase for this :)

willyh

Agent
That is what I thought, but after clicking on the DVDs I wanted and then going to the shopping cart, I could not find a place to enter a coupon. I know I have seen the entry box before, not sure where it went. I entered from DVDpricesearch, I wonder if that is somehow preventing my seeing the coupon entry box.

Jon Torres

Second Unit
I entered my coupon code on the shopping cart page. I only picked up Cube Signature and Cronos SE for $12.75. Maybe I'll pick up other stuff tomorrow.

willyh

Agent
I had to clear my shopping cart and start over, then the coupon box appeared on the shopping cart page. Apparently, because I entered from DVDpricesearch.com the promotion discount was disabled. Got about 10 items I have been wanting, including the Johnny Carson and Marx Brothers Collections. Thanks for the heads up.

DavidKNML

Agent
When I entered a preorder for the Star Wars DVD's it took the discount. I received a Order confirmation this morning and the Discount was removed from Star Wars set.

The good news is they are accepting the orders.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just ordered Quantum Leap yesterday afternoon from them. :frowning:

Still, there are plenty of other DVD sets I should investigate.

Neil

P.S. I guess from the Star Wars post that this is only good for DVDs in stock.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Cool, City of God for $15.91! I thought I would have to wait months before purchasing this due to my cheapness. :D

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Any Canadians use these guys? Have you been hit by customs or other fees?

Gerry S

Stunt Coordinator
Is this good for games as well?

The site is really slow - must be getting hit hard.

Edit: Can't even access the site now...

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
I was literally at the checkout when the error messages started coming up...damn, had a pretty sweet order lined up too!

(should probably put that money towards my new mortgage :b )

-Matt

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I had a nice order set up too, and lost the opportunity. This was not an actual "promotion", and that's why it ended so quickly. This was only a mistaken code left up after testing yesterday. But DDD will honor those that got their orders in.

I did get a pre-order in with the discount code last night as I was literally falling asleep, but I have my doubts about it being honored. Today I was working on a nice size order of dvds that were already in stock (ones I knew would be honored by the code) and just missed out on the order by minutes - because the stupid site was bogged down!!!!!

On the good side of things, I know for a fact that DDD will have another promotion this year like they did last year around Thanksgiving. Don't know the dates yet, but I'd assume it will be similar to last year when they had the code working for about a week.

We'll just have to keep checking in and have our "shopping carts" ready to go next time.

Gary "this was disappointing, I must admit" O.

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
The following sounds like they will honor pre-orders as well as in stock orders. Swiped from another site:

Dear DeepDiscountDVD.com Customers,

The promotional code posted on this and other forums was being tested internally and it was not intended to be released to the public yesterday. We do take this matter seriously and are conducting an investigation into exactly where the leak occurred.

We do, however, appreciate your enthusiasm for shopping with DeepDiscountDVD.com and we will honor the orders that we received. We're sorry that many of you were unable to sumbit your orders because of the heavy load on our servers. We had not planned for the additional traffic at this time.

Again, we do thank you for supporting DeepDiscountDVD.com over the years and hope that you'll continue to shop with us in the days to come!

Sincerely,

David Barker
VP Ecommerce
DeepDiscountDVD.com

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Actually, I'm glad that I missed this, since they'll run it for real later in the year. I am waaaaaay over budget this month! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks