DISCLAIMER: The owner, operator, and author of this thread feels strongly that fun is to be had within the day-to-day process of the tournament activity located within this thread. HOWEVER, said person makes no guarantees on any fun level, or that any actual fun (or even mild amusement) will be obtained by any participants.
This will be the tournament to decide just what is the actual "coolest" thing ever. And to clarify "thing," let me just say that the possibilities are open to your imagination. Should you feel that a person is the coolest thing ever, then by all means put them in the tournament. Or perhaps you feel an action or experience is the coolest thing ever. It's all up to you. Once our field of coolness is set, I shall randomly assign our "coolers" against one another. You know, the normal tourney stuff.
This shall prove to be most pointless, but it should be interesting to see just what we (as a collective) here at the HTF consider to be the coolest thing ever.
When the voting process begins, it will be up to you to decide what criteria to use when voting.
For right now, everyone gets two (2) automatics into the cool tournament. After a few days (or when I feel like it....it is my tourney after all) I may assign more to the interested. I do reserve the right to add the final entries (if needed) to finalize our field.
SUPER COOL BONUS
A special prize will be awarded to the person whose cool pick goes on and wins the whole thing. And just what is the prize you ask, well it's quite possibly something that could be in this tournament: A Pooping Gorilla Keychain......just the like the one pictured below.
This awesome Pooping beast is brand new, and still in his original plastic covering thingy. He will be mailed (with loving care) to the winner's door at no cost to the winner.
So without further ado, let us begin.
2. When an attractive girl is wearing a skirt, and the fates shine on us and deliver a wonderfully placed gust of wind, and said girl's underpants are revealed.
5. Thornton Melon's Triple Lindy dive
7. Peter Fonda
9. Bruce Campbell
10. The Internet
12. Boners (your own)
13. Sunshine, green grass, a hot dog and a beer on opening day,
14. A British racing green MGB, with a tan interior.
16. vinyl records
17. Finding a rare something-or-other (CD, DVD, book, etc) that you've been hunting down for months ... for a fraction of what it would cost on eBay
20. A beautiful woman who marries you even though you're rather fugly
27. A 1967 Shelby GT 500.
28. Crispers (Salt and Vinegar variety)
32. Watching a crappy B movie (preferably something with an ex-wrestler, pro-basketball player, ex-porn star, Clint Howard or all 4) under the "influence."
35. Catching a 100lb. Yellow-fin Tuna off the coast of Cabo San Lucas.
36. Listening to the Beatles White album through headphones.
38. Pop Rocks
39. Surround sound
42. Miles Davis
44. Driving my 1993 twin-turbo rotary powered Rx-7 on a twisty mountain road.
45. Driving your car while listening to the “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service” soundtrack.
47. Waking up early thinking that you have to go work/school, then suddenly realizing it's a weekend/holiday
49. Parker and Ron (I combine them as a single nomination so that we don't have to choose between them. Besides, Ron's new Bond villain look would influence the voting.)
50. Guys from Troy, Ohio.
51. finding $100 (or any denomination) on the ground
52. a refreshing dip in a pool on that hot summers day.
53. Ray Charles
54. Scott Weinberg
56. getting the "runner's high"
60. Beethoven's Ninth Symphony
61. Being A Dad