What's new

Technical question: MTX Thunder942 amp (1 Viewer)

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
OK. I have a brand new MTX Thunder942 amplifier.

The manual states this information:

RMS Power measured at 12.5 Volts DC
175W x 2 into a 4 ohm load
350W x 2 into a 2 ohm load
700W bridged into a 4 ohm load

I also have an Audiobahn bandpass enclosure. My Audiobahn bandpass box has (2) 10" subs (4 ohm impedance of each sub) The bandpass enclosure is exactly the same as this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

The bandpass enclosure has two speaker terminals on either side of the enclosure. So basically, each sub is wired accordingly. I don't know the technical term of this kinda wiring... but I am wondering if this new amplifier I have will work at all? Am I only going to be seeing the 175W x 2 (per the amp manual) into this enclosure because of the way it is wired?? Others have said 'yes...', while others at other forums have said I will see more power than that. Can I get this thing down into a 2 ohm load (so I have more power going to each sub??) or is that just not possible??

Hopefully, someone can chime in and lend some info...

Thanks in advance... I can try and answer any other questions, if need be.

Brad_Harper

Stunt Coordinator
the best you can do with your amp is get 175W to each sub. Wiring them in parallel to create a 2 ohm load and running it off 1 amp channel will still only give you 175W to each sub. You won't need more then that with a bandpass enclosure anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks