What's new

Any recommended DVD stores in the Mpls./St. Paul area? (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I will be in the Twin Cities this weekend and I am always on the lookout for any interesting music or DVD stores to visit. I am mainly interested in music, classic, horror and non-R1 discs. Prefer a good selection AND price, but I know that's not always the case. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric

Brian E

Screenwriter
If you find any let me know. :)

The only shops I know of are places like Best Buy, Suncoast, Etc. Down In The Valley was supposed to be beefing up their music DVD selection, but I haven't been there in a long while.

Any used shop I've been to lately has had horrible prices. Usually a buck or two cheaper than getting it new at Best Buy.

Don't know of any shops that do Non R1 stuff other than a prick selling bootlegs (please no one ask about it, I'm not going to send him business).

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
It's too late now, but my experience is the same as Brians; there are no exceptional dvd stores in the Twin Cities area. I did run across a video store in Apple Valley (suburb south of the Twin Cities) that had some non-R1 stuff (but mostly bootlegs), but not enough to recommend going there (even if I could remember where it was).

The Twin Cities is a pretty sad place to shop for cds also.

If anyone knows of a good dvd or cd place (other than Cheapo's, Applause or The Electric Fetus for cds) with some depth in their selections, I'd sure like to know about it also.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Yup, it is indeed a sad state of affairs in the Twin Cities...especially since it took five days for the first reply to appear. I wasn't able to find anything of interest while there. Wherever I go I hope to find a "really cool" DVD store, but it's not in the Mpls. area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks