• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Mark To

Mark To

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 06:18 PM

I would love to see a release on this, even if its from a PD company. Sock, Mandy and Cleo, the talking basset hound. I loved this show when I was a kid and I would love to see a collection. Anyone else alive who remembers this?

#2 of 5 Bert Greene

Bert Greene

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 04:45 AM

It pre-dated me, but I did get to see a big batch of episodes back when the Nostalgia Channel (now the Goodlife Network) aired the series back in the early-90s. I always liked it, but I'm a sucker for practically anything vintage. I seem to recall preferring the early episodes best. Some of the later episodes got bogged down, revolving around Sock and Mandy's 'secret' marriage.

Always heard about this show growing up. Must have been a family favorite. But, I also think it was due to the coincidental fact that my father, in the late-50s, lived in a trailer and owned a basset hound himself, much like Sock did. Were the series ever to pop up on dvd, I'd quickly grab it, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd also love to see Jackie Cooper's other series, "Hennesey." I've never seen an example of it, but many people seem to speak quite highly of it.

#3 of 5 Mark To

Mark To

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 05:12 AM

Agreed that the first 2 seasons were the best. The 3rd season, after they were married was kind of weak, especially since Mandy's father, the mayor, wasn't in it as much. Hennesey was also a good show but it is the kind of comedy that no longer exists. Nowadays comedies have to have a joke every 7 seconds whereas a show like Hennesey is a warm, gentle comedy. Good show, chance of coming out, nil. At least People's Choice had some syndication in the last 20 years. Hennesey is a good show that is virtually forgotten.

#4 of 5 LouA

LouA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted January 14 2013 - 01:37 PM

Apparently Nick At Night now owns this show along with Love That Bob. Maybe there is still a possibility of a DVD release. I don't know why they would buy it if they weren't going to do something with it, and I can't see them running it on TVLAND.

#5 of 5 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 06:09 AM

Nick at Nite doesn't "OWN" any shows, they license them as does any other station.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users