What's new

Miramax SE any titles on your wish list ? (1 Viewer)

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
For me it's Muriel's Wedding and Beautiful Girls .....I hope that Miramax does'nt just stop at Copland , Trainspotting , and Fliring with disaster.

The Copland disc was incredible :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
LA REINE MARGOT Directors Cut

Just out in France at 155mins PAL, 2 disc version with no english subs

It might be noted that there are over 8 mins of deleted scenes on Disc 2 on the Pathe;

Then, Oddly a 3 disc 162 min PAL version in Germany, hard to determine if disc 3 is extras--(overkill) or the much sought after Soundtrack, as Ive seen it listed that way also, no English subs:

Ive read that the Pathe version is a from new HD transfer-not out on BR yet-but it is quite good SD

Ive read slightly less kind reports of the Capelight edtion, but it is supposedly remastered too.

Criminally, MIRAMAX put out a poor WS only version at 138 mins

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Critically acclaimed film "A WALK ON THE MOON" would be good, especially now that DIANE LANE and VIGGO MORTENSON are big stars. It also stars ANNA PAQUIN as well and was produced by DUSTIN HOFFMAN. Great movie!!

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Sling Blade would be nice; and since they chose to not release the DVD; a nice SE of Microcosmos would be most welcome.

- Walter.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
An anamorphic re-issue of the Life is Beautiful and the same for the above-mentioned Beautiful Girls. Another vote for uncut Malena.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The Thief and the Cobbler. Technically, it has been released as a P&S DVD in Canada (in cereal boxes).

It's rumored to have been restored and reconstructed, but barely any information has leaked out. A widescreen edition would be most welcomed since it's a 2.35:1 Panavision film (a rarity for animated films).

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
These would please me greatly:

* The full cut of SHALL WE DANCE? (1996-Japanese)

* Ditto MALENA

* MICROCOSMOS

* Reconstructed THIEF & THE COBBLER, in the way Richard Williams intended it to be.

* EL CID

* THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE

Jerry R Colvin

Stunt Coordinator
Enchanted April. I never hear talk about this movie, but it's a really great British period comedy-drama from about 12 years ago.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Forgot about another Miramax:

I'd also love to see an uncut version of Like Water For Chocolate (Como para agua chocolate). I saw the film in my college Spanish course and really liked it... but I found out that it was a cut-down version rather than the original.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Microcosmos was announced awhile back, but for some reason was shelved (you can still view the coverart at some sites).

In the book Down and Dirty Pictures, Todd Haynes recalls being very angry at Miramax for putting out a barebones DVD of his Velvet Goldmine without even consulting him. Since I think it's a highly underrated movie, and since it's so heavily steeped in glam rock culture (which could fill out a few supplemental features), it'd be nice for Miramax to right their wrong and put out a SE of the film.

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
Thin its a Miramax film, would really like to see a Director's Cut edition of 54 on DVD.

As others have stated the Director and the studio had differences and didn't get along together so well. So it may never happen. But I would still like to see it happen someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks